All Drives Showing in 'Send To'

Can anyone tell me how to disable the Opus option to add all drives to the 'Send To' right click context menu?

Explorer only shows the standard options, whereas Opus adds all drives in addition.

Thanks.

The NoDrivesInSendToMenu registry option can be used to remove the drives.

1 Like

Thanks Leo, however in this case I'm only wanting to remove the additional drives that Opus adds. I want the removable etc drives that are showing in explorer...

No way to do that currently. We may change Opus to make it do what Explorer does now.

Ok, thanks for the info Leo. I can see what you're trying to do and it's probably fine for some people, but an option to disable it would be appreciated.

The real issue here is that Microsoft keep changing their minds.

Windows XP included only CD burners.

Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 included all drives:

Windows 10 only includes removable drives.

Who knows what Windows 11 will decide to do. :slight_smile:

(There are other differences between Windows versions for other drive types, too.)

Haha, typical; 'Microsoft Standards' is an oxymoron!

Just wanted to say that the registry option still works in Windows 11 and it helped me fix a DOpus freeze that always occured when I moved the mouse cursor past the Send To menu item, or tried to use that item. The reason are probably network drives that take ages to respond of something. I didn't test whether the issue is present also under File Explorer.
In any case I don't like drives showing up there anyway, and this fixed it. The freezing / nonresponse would take around 30 seconds - 1 minute or so.

See also here for a direclty downloadable reg file.
https://www.elevenforum.com/t/add-or-remove-drives-in-send-to-context-menu-in-windows-11.4959/

1 Like