Always use User Default folder format for new tabs in specific listers

Hello!

I have various Favorite Formats defined, and the most commonly used ones set to specific hotkeys. However, I'd like the opened new tabs always to use the User Default (or, if defined for the current path, the current Path Format) instead of a Favorite Format applied to the tab that is already open.

For example, currently, when I have a tab open in a view of Dual Horizontal lister and I open a new tab, it inherits the format of the existing tab. I may have applied one of the Favorite Formats to the existing tab, but I'd want new tab always to use the User Default (or the Path Format is present).

I've scoured the options but haven't found anything applicable (expecting something like "always use the default/path format for new tabs").

Thanks for any insights!

It sounds like you have the Format Lock turned on. (The packlock icon in your status bar is closed. Click it so it is open.)

Indeed it seems that that must've been the case. (I never noticed that padlock, or knew what it does.. DirectoryOpus is like a car where after years of use one still discovers new buttons and features :wink: ).

Thanks for pointing that out!!

2 Likes