Any way to lock folder views?

I have been using the trial version of D.O. for quite a while now and like it very much, so much that I am on the verge of buying a licence but the deal breaker for me is that every now and then D.O. will decide to change folder view and column settings, apparently at random, I find it quite irritating and a bit tedious to re-set everything, is there any way to nail down solid my chosen settings .
Basically I want any folder on any drive, that does not have a desktop.ini file in it, to use 'detail' view with my chosen column settings.
I have read various relevant looking FAQ's and posts but nothing I have tried seems to stop these random changes.

You've been using a trial version for a year now? Trial versions are only valid for 60 days.

Anyway, you can turn on the Format Lock (and update your default lister or layout so it's saved on in that as well) if you never want the folder format to change. It's mentioned in the Folder Formats FAQ.

The last time I tried D.O., possibly about a year ago, it stopped working after a while, I just kept getting a box up about entering a key or something but I got a new PC recently with Win 7 on and was not keen on the file manager so decided to try D.O. again.

I have been using the 'leo_opus9_status_glass' status bar and it does not have a lock button so went back to the default, is there a listing somewhere of all the status bar definition codes and what they do so I could put the folder lock into the custom one.
I can't see anything like that in Status Bar codes and non of the other headings look relevant.

That's what happens when your trial period runs out.

Given your post history from May 2010, November 2010, February 2011 and now March 2011, I'd say you've used the trial period several times now...

Yes, in the manual. (Status Bar Control Sequences, in the appendix section at the end.)

The status bar editor also has a pop-up menu of the codes with descriptions.

The code you want is {fl}

Or you could drag the Format Lock from Customize -> Commands on to a toolbar or menu if you don't want it there instead of on your status bar.

Thanks, I thought I had posted a 'quick reply' that I had found the codes but it seems to have disappeared, and the other info is very helpful.