Are there any DO usage screencasts around?

Hi,

In order to keep DO as smooth & stable around, I leave most of its precious functions disabled, and try to use 3rd party tools as much as i can.
However, since most of the FAQ's on such extra are quite old (2007) perhaps I have missed anything and there are rather great screencasts around about some available function, like forever editing MP3 tags and so. I really have no idea how matured & enhanced these build in functions are, and perhaps, with a little bit of visible teaching one can fully enjoy the great extra's DO offers. SO, are there anywhere some screencasts available about such things DO can do which perhaps 95% of the users don't use or even don't know about please ?

It would be really great to have some "live action" showing all the great functions. :astonished:

The question is, if it´ s necessary to avoid the usage. In my opinion not, because i use most of Opus´ features without any problems. In some cases, like for certain ID3 tag editing,
i sometimes use a dedicated tool, but not because Opus would mess something up or the like.

[quote]have no idea how matured & enhanced these build in functions are, and perhaps, with a little bit of visible teaching one can fully enjoy the great extra's DO offers. SO, are there anywhere some screencasts available about such things DO can do which perhaps 95% of the users don't use or even don't know about please ?

It would be really great to have some "live action" showing all the great functions. :astonished:[/quote]

Searching a well known video portal only returns very few decent clips about the usage of Directory Opus. But with the vast quantity of Opus´ possibilities i couldn´t imagine an easy way
better than the existing web tutorials to present them.

Not sure why you'd think using another tool instead of features built into the tool you're already using would be more efficient, or which features you mean that you've turned off to make things smoother...

If you want a list of features added, the What's New In Opus 10 document is a good place to start. It is in the Help file, also on the web and also in a separate PDF document in the Opus program files directory.

Thanks, I'll check out the site some more. It's definatelly not that i don't trust DO's functions or extra's, it's rather a habit for years, I use WinRAR to handles archives, zip files are not as efficient, and for images & pdf's I use XnView since a long time & SumatraPDF. Right now I have a bunch of CD's converted to MP3, and I was merely looking for some mass-tag editor, I have no idea how DO does with that, so better start to dig the site & helpfile.

Thanks a lot.