Are there any modifiers not widely known of to use with {date} clause for Creating new folders?

May sound bizarre but I am just curious to ask if there are additional ways to manipulate the {date} condition for creating new folders. Specifically, I have a button that is:
Copy MOVE HERE CREATEFOLDER="{date|MM-dd-YY}"
Takes the highlighted items and moves them into a folder with today's date formatted like 04-20-24. Use this all the time.
Are there any variables that I could, perhaps, have a similar button, but it makes a folder with yesterdays date in it? Following the above example, would make 04-19-24. Two days ago? Up to 5? I would really only want up to within the same week capability, but I'm sure if this must be programmed, it will probably be capable of doing a wide variety of dates.

So, is this possible? Thanks for any help.

In Opus 13 you can do this with the evaluator:

Copy MOVE HERE CREATEFOLDER="{=(now()-1d) as "D#MM-dd-YY"=}"

(Change 1d to 2d, 5d etc to vary the number of days subtracted).

4 Likes

Dude that is totally epic! You guys truly thought to make features that can satisfy even my most bizarre requests and/or ideas. I don't know how you do that voodoo that you do, but good job! Thanks

2 Likes

This is cool. Can I put on more twist on this code?

Move createfolder= with parent or filename (with the date code being the date modified)

Here's what i'm using

function OnClick(clickData)
{
	var d = DOpus.Create.Date();
	d.Sub(1,"d");
	var ds = d.Format("D#dd-MMM-yy");
    DOpus.create.command.runcommand("Select None");
	clickData.func.command.RunCommand("CreateFolder READAUTO=yes NAME=\"" + ds + "\"");
}

Not my code of course, because i have no idea about writing scripts :wink:. But it does exactly what you asked for.

The Rename command and scripting are the only options to access file metadata.