Attn Leo Davidson

Hi Leo, many many moons ago I asked you about a program called strokeit (a windows mouse gesture thing) and how to get it to use buily in wm_commands to say reset the emulator with a mouse gesture and you told me about a program that would on certain gui based stuff show you the code needed when you pressed the key to reset the emulator that you could then enter in to stroke it via the wm_command line

Any chance you remember what that program was, the name Girder comes to mind but having looked at it, it does not seem familiar?

Sorry its a weird one, it was so many years ago...

I don't remember anything like that. Was it definitely me? :smiley:

Yes was deffo you before you were part of Opus (but answered every question). We were talking about how to make Strokeit learn gestures that were not key presses which got to talking about Winuae with the software and you gave me a couple of WM_Command values that worked perfectly so I asked you how you did it and I'm pretty certain it was Girder by Promixis that you mentioned and told me how to monitor what the values were but looking at Girder now just leaves me blank. Yes its that long ago. I was just hoping your memory would be better than mine but we are talking something like 20yrs ago or more which was a huge ask..

If it ever pops back in to your mind would you please fire off a message explaining the steps if possible...

I think there was another bit of software you mentioned that loaded a program and it showed all the built in icons, labels and references to window sizes etc and you could edit it and save it back. I used it to change the window size of another emulator but like Girder I just can't remember what it was..

Its hardly the most important thing, just hoped you would have remembered...

Anyway, thank you Leo, you have helped me many a time with opus etc over the years, the last thing was when I brought Opus and panicked when I saw a cat run across the screen :slight_smile:

I thought the key for the software had been hacked..Just an easter egg..

Paul..

Maybe Spy++? That comes with Visual Studio and can tell you which window messages are being sent to things.

For looking at icons and dialogs inside exe/dll files, you can use a tool like Resource Hacker or Resourcer. I haven't checked if there are newer tools but those still do the job for me.

Resource hacker sounds very like it...The name does ring a bell...

THANK YOU (hopefully)

As for that Girder program, you could set it to monitor key presses and it would give you the value..Can't seem to recreate what you did, I'll have to read the manual :slight_smile:
And yet again great help...

Thanks Leo, as said, if Girder rings a bell at any point then fire a message off...

Me and manuals don't get on....I blame my age....