Auto Playing Slideshow on Selected Folders

Hi,

Is there a way to automatically play all the image files ( jpg, bmp, png etc.) in Slideshow that are inside all the selected folders ?

I store all my family pictures in folders according to the events. Most folders are 10 - 30 pictures.

It is fast point and click when I view them on my desktop (ie. open each folder and launch Slideshow).

However, when I show them on my large screen LCD TV for parties, I find myself constantly walking towards and away from the LCD TV.

Obviously, I try to avoid copying, sorting, grouping the files in the first place.

If it will play movie files, it is even better :smiley:

I don't know of a way to turn on Slideshow mode via an Opus command... I don't think you can.

However, you could send the hotkey that the viewerpane uses (<Ctrl + h>) to enable Slideshow mode via an external scripting tool like AutoHotkey. And to be able to view all images in a folder structure (though not just the "selected folders), you can use Opus' Flatview mode...

Here's an example:

This button goes to a particular directory, turns on Flatview, opens the viewer to show whatever images, then launches a compiled AutoHotkey script.

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button display="both" icon_size="large" label_pos="right"> <label>Test Button</label> <tip>Test Button</tip> <icon1>#pathfield</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>@sync dopusrt /cmd Go /mydocuments\pictures NEWTAB</instruction> <instruction>@sync dopusrt /cmd Set FLATVIEW=MixedNoFolders</instruction> <instruction>@sync dopusrt /cmd Show FILE *(.bmp|.jpg|.png)</instruction> <instruction>@sync c:\tools\dopus_slideshow.exe</instruction> </function> </button>

This compiled script below will find the viewerpane window, and activate it in order to send the <Ctrl+h> keystroke to it to turn on Slideshow mode.

; dopus_slideshow.ahk IfWinExist ahk_class dopus.viewpicframe { WinActivate Send ^h } Return

If you really want to only operate against "selected" folders, then I think you'll have to first add the selected folders to an Opus File Collection, and then switch to that collection before running the "Show" command in the button... Anyhow, this is the basics of what you could do to get what you want. There may be other simpler ways that I'm overlooking?

FWIW, the AutoHotkey installer provides a utility (called ahk2exe.exe) which compiles .ahk scripts into executables. I've setup my own filetype for .ahk files which I've added an Opus context menu entry to which runs:

Compile AutoHotkey Script...

@nofilenamequoting c:\tools\ahk2exe.exe /in "{f}" /out "{s}{o|noext}.exe"
dopus_slideshow.zip (235 KB)