Automatically adjust shortcut references when moving files/folders

Hello World !
I'm Denis and i want to thank you for the great work !

This is a total replacement of Explorer and i'm very happy with it !

I'm not sure if it could be feasible but, could you add in a future version a feature that does like Explorer, which basically searches for shortcuts and update their references upon file/folders move ?
Plus update the references of VisualStudio solutions (when you right click the app bar icon it displays various solutions).
Because Dopus invites to play with the file system and reorganize it way more better.
I think could be a nice addition.

Thank you anyway
Have a nice day !

That would hugely slow down every move and rename.

I think the shell will look for shortcut targets when you double-click them, if they have moved, which is the usual way they get repaired.

But it's also unusual to have shortcuts to things that move around a lot. Using hardlinks may be a better solution, if the link and file are on (and will remain on) the same drive.

1 Like

Hey Leo ! :smile: :wave:t2:
Thanks for your fast and accurate reply.

I was thinking about a background post-move thread checkbox enabled only when changing drive.
(Because i discovered that it's exactly what happened: if i drag with explorer among drives link get updated, while with Opus not.
However Opus has a greater feature: it can pause/resume the transfer when a process is keeping a file in use and that is more useful and well thought)
I understand what you mean and i agree.
I just wanted to type something :sweat_smile:

Interesting tip about HardLinks,
I'll study more :+1:t2:

Many thanks
Have a nice day