Automatically remember and restore last open tabs

I'm sure this has been asked in various ways (I've seen hints in my searches before posting), but I'm not seeing an explicit question or answer so far that addresses this.

I want DO to automatically remember my open tabs when the last lister is closed (whether or not DO itself exits), and then automatically restore them when a new, first lister is opened. This would be akin to a web browser re-opening the tabs you had opened the when the last browser window was closed.

I know about the "Default Lister", but that seems to store a static set of tabs, which has nothing to do with what I was doing when I closed the last DO lister.

How do I achieve this?

Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister / Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister

1 Like

Bingo! Thank you, Leo. I knew it was probably in there, but there's so many settings... :wink:

I find this settings doesn't work after pc restart. Is there a way to have Lister remember last opened tabs even after restart?

There's a setting under Launching Opus / Startup for that.

I got that. However, that didn't work for me. maybe windows shutdown closes the lister not gracefully and the state isn't saved?

see screenshot:

If something kills the process instead of allowing it to exit normally then that could happen, but it shouldn't happen normally.