Autoscroll when clicked on a file moves list - very annoying

The vid supplied best shows what i mean.

In list mode when some of the filenames exit the visible area in dopus then click on most right files will auto scroll the list to the left. That breaks double-click because then it would open the file that appears under the cursor after the first click.

It happens only with files, not with folders. Dopus is 8.2.1.0 unicode.

Could this be fixed please so that autoscroll doesn't happen... i had a post about this before but nothing has been fixed with updates in between.

Thank you
NVEExport.zip (309 KB)

Hello Raisers,

This happens between frame 49 and 50 of your video using the Australian program M1-Edit.
Another program I used ( Hungarian actually, put it at between frames 50 and 51 ).

I tried it too using 4097 gif files in list mode.
Yes, it is quite annoying to double click on a file at times isn't it ?
The first click often moves the display !

Raisers, I'm really quite a long distance from you.
Is that really it ? Is that the problem Nudel ?

:opusicon: porcupine

Yes, but to me it happens with any files not just gif files.

It has something to do with how opus treats long filenames in list mode.

Hello Raisers,

Your English is "Crystal Clear" !
I understand better now.

Selecting a filename in the right-most unobscured column, while columns that are NOT visible remain to the right, results in a display shift !
If no columns remain to the right, various amounts of Lister space is needed after the last column to avert an additional display shift.
Of course, a display shift also results from selecting a filename in a partly obscured column.

My test folders, as of tonight, have No Internal Folders and no filenames that contain space characters !

Raisers, I think you may really have something here.
Quite enjoyable conversing with you !

:opusicon: Porcupine

I appologize for my bad english.

Thats why I posted the video clip for everyone to see for themselves.

Regards

Thanks for this report. It seems to be just a very small anomaly related to the handling of List View mode when the file name expends across a column. At the moment that's just how it works and done so has for 5 years:)

For now, re-size the Lister window size or change the view mode and you won't see the problem:)

We'll address it in a future version.

Dear Greg,

your answer is no answer. Rainer's problem is the one thing that annoy me most in DO - like many other users. Please find a more adequate solution instead of "changing view".

Thank You in advance Sandra

He said "We'll address it in a future version." -- What more do you want?

I apologize for having got him wrong.

S

Next Bugfix (soon) eventually?

Doubleclicking a file and activating a completely different file is a bug. And it's not a "small anomaly", since it happens very often. You click on a.jpg and Photoshop opens b.jpg. It makes the list view nearly unuseable. Period.

So's hitting your head continually on a brick wall:)

So since you know this is a potential anomaly (incidentally which has never been reported in 6 years before your feedback) perhaps you could consider making a small change in your operational procedures.

For now, suggestions would be to re-size the Lister display or use a different view mode.

[quote="greg"]So's hitting your head continually on a brick wall:)

So since you know this is a potential anomaly (incidentally which has never been reported in 6 years before your feedback) perhaps you could consider making a small change in your operational procedures.
[/quote]
I've been making small changes in my operational procedures for 10 years due to Explorer. I use Dopus because I don't want to do this anymore :laughing: (which except for this annoying bug works very good)

[quote="phoenix64"][quote="greg"]So's hitting your head continually on a brick wall:)
I've been making small changes in my operational procedures for 10 years due to Explorer. I use Dopus because I don't want to do this anymore :laughing: (which except for this annoying bug works very good)[/quote][/quote]

Same here, this bug is annoying and dangerous.

Sandra