Avoid displaying files when zipping files with password protection

Encrypting filenames seems to be possible only when using the RAR or 7Z, not when using Archive type ZIP .
WinZIP apparently recognized that and offered a double zipping of some sort.
See: http://kb.winzip.com/kb/entry/147/

I can't find any encryption feature within Opus, but found it does seem to have one when backing up the configuration. At the very last step encryption with password is offered.

I don't know if it would work, it is only a suggestion...
what if files are zipped to an .exe
then encryption (same as with backing up the configuration file) could be added as an extra feature?
Would that then hide the filenames?

AFAIK, encrypting filenames (rather than file contents) is not something the zip standard supports. (That is why WinZip have that ridiculous knowledgebase entry that suggests zipping a zip. :D)

Opus can already turn zip files into self-extracting exes, so that feature request already exists in the program.

But self-extracting zips in exe format are still zip files (with a small exe on the front, which most archive tools know how to skip over if you open the exe as an archive) so the names will not be encrypted by doing that.

We could add our own custom way of encrypting filenames in zip archives, but then the archives would not be real zip files and would not be compatible with any other tools. At that point, you gain nothing by using zip (whose main advantage is compatibility), and might as well just use a better archive format, such as 7z.

Thank you Leo. Probably WinRAR is one of the very few (or only one) supporting both creating a self extracting file and encrypting the files in it.
Admittedly 7z does support encrypting files but not creating an .exe at the same time.
Anyway, thanks again.

7-Zip can create self extracting .7z files. I'm guessing that works with encryption but am not sure.