Background color of share view doesn't appear to honor customization

See screenshot. Basically when you click on a networked machine in the tree, you see a view of all the shares. All my other windows are white on black, but this one doesn't seem to have any way to config the colors, so it's black on white.

At least currently, the \\server level (but not anything below it) is delegated to the Windows shell. (Since you can't do much in that folder except double-click something to navigate into it, so we can't add much value by handling it natively, at least in terms of functionality. We might handle it natively in the future just to help with aesthetics for people using dark themes.)

The Windows shell doesn't support color customization.

Although you can turn on Preferences / Display / Options / Enable background images in virtual folders to apply the background color to that folder, it won't work well with dark themes because the text color will still be black, and you'll end up with black on black.

(Same with Recycle Bin.)

1 Like

Ah, That makes sense. Yeah, it's a bit of a "bang" for people using Dark themes (like me), but you are right in that there's not a lot to do on that particular panel.

Well, I guess I'll call it a suggestion and move on.

Thanks for the response, though.

1 Like