Badly rendered icons in 9.1

@ steve: I have to FIX my email address? WTF? It's a normal address I used for years and years. So the answer is "no can do"! Fix your spamfilter....

@ leo: No typo. This topic is kinda getting offtopic. I don't have a problem with the alpha issue but i'm trying to help you guys. Reading the reply by steve it isn't appreciated CHANGE YOUR EMAIL WTF...sorry, frustration... :slight_smile:

Last time i'm trying to help:
You think it has something with a ATI videocard. I don't have one in the system which has the problem. You're making an assumpion that it's something with the driver and are making a direct link with the version number which coincidentally is "similar" at best. I'm trying to tell you that it's has nothing to do with that by saying that on my laptop (which doesn't have the problem) the driver also has 14.10 in the version number. Version number on laptop is 7.14.10, driver version on work pc is 6.14.10. My point was that this is maybe an Intel numbering scheme which has absolutely nothing to with the problem. Just to help you. Don't want you to invest a lot of time on a wild goosechase.

But back to the problem. The problem started with DOpus 9.1. DOpus 9.1 has a big change in the way icons are drawn according to the releasenotes. I'm thinking Jon did do some drawing stuff himself instead of using prefab GDI functions to circumvent the problem with the contextmenu's (Just a guess, what do I know about it...). My guess it has something to do with that.

But I think I'll stop responding, because I'm irritating steve's (actually his emailclient) too much... yes,pun intented. Sorry steve :stuck_out_tongue:

Your email provider is seeing the notifications as spam - hence it's bouncing the notifications back to me. Were you not even slightly curious as to why you never received the notices?

Either fix it or change addresses - this is not open for negotiation...

(I've manually removed your subscriptions to the two topics)

For your info - here's the error I am receiving:

Final-Recipient: rfc822; jvolkering@XXXX.XX Action: failed Status: 5.0.0 Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host mx.XXXX.XX[XXX.XX.XXX.X] said: 550-Spam refused: tanis@fud.dreamhost.com does not have a valid domain (no MX 550 record). (in reply to RCPT TO command)

(I've hidden your domain and the IP in the above error report)

jvolkering, I'm confused though. You said you experience the problem on a machine with:

But Intel's web page for that chipset has graphics drivers versioned 14.10.xxx.yyy, not 6.14.10.xxx.

So am I looking at the wrong webpage, or do the drivers report a different version number once installed, or did you type the wrong chipset and/or version number?

Obviously I'm not saying that only ATI use 6.14.10.xxx version numbers; but from the web page it looks like the Intel 82865G doesn't use 6.14.10.xxx version numbers, which is why I am confused. I just want to be sure whether or not this is being seen on non-ATI hardware.

(The ATI web page calls their drivers version 6.11 and says they were last updated in November 2006, both of which differ from what is reported once they are installed, so it's possible Intel's web page is simply misleading in the same way that the ATI web page is.)

Hi to everyone following this thread.

9.1.1.0 just came out and has some fixes for toolbar icon rendering and shadows (alpha channels). Neither myself nor GPSoftware could reproduce the exact problem that some of you were seeing but we did find & fix some related issues so give the new version a try and let us know if things are better now.

Details of the release are here.

The download is here.

For me it's fixed with V9.1.1.0.

Thanks,
Martin