Batch operation with a *.BAT file

I use OPUS with 2 screens (Win XP). I open new viewers with a DOS batch file, such as this:

set Folder1="D:\data\KennedyC\Clients\LevittStanford2007"
set Folder2="D:\data\KennedyC\Clients"

"C:\Program Files\Opus8Explorer\dopusRT.exe" /cmd go %Folder1% dualpath %Folder2%

Works fine, but I havent found a way to force it to show dual horizontal rather than dual vertical. Or better yet, could it access a stored lister file?

Warren Lambert in Nashville

dopusrt /cmd will respond to any Opus command so you could use:

dopusrt.exe /cmd Prefs LAYOUT="name of layout"

to open a stored lister layout.

As for your other request, simply add OPENINDUAL=horiz to your batch file:

[code]set Folder1="D:\data\KennedyC\Clients\LevittStanford2007"
set Folder2="D:\data\KennedyC\Clients"

"C:\Program Files\Opus8Explorer\dopusRT.exe" /cmd go %Folder1% dualpath %Folder2% OPENINDUAL=horiz[/code]

(Note: This topic really belongs in the Help & Support forum - I'll move it tomorrow which should give you enough time to see my reply before it's moved.)

Good quick answer, I'll try it today.

Warren

Answers just bring more questions . . .

Like most academics, I work on a home+office computer (both of which no one else uses). I back up on 1 and restore to the other every day.

When I save a layout in the default place:

c:\documents and settings . . . Layaouts\Pat.oll

it doesnt get backed up.

Is there a way I can tell Opus 9 to use another location? (LIke Word lets you specify personal a startup DIR).

THis way my new layouts would automatrically get to the other computer in the routine daily backup.

Warren

Can't you set your backup software to copy that file/location?

If it helps, you can switch Opus into "shared configuration mode", instead of "private configuration mode", in which case the layout will be stored in a central location the computer instead of within your user profile. If your usernames are different on the two PCs then that might help avoid having different filepaths in the two machines.

That's a reasonable workaround that would be easy to do. THank you,

Warren

I often use batch to open a set of folders.

This suggestion by Tanis

[quote]anchor | Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:11 am Post subject:

dopusrt /cmd will respond to any Opus command so you could use:

dopusrt.exe /cmd Prefs LAYOUT="name of layout"[/quote]

Is very good. I'm using this batch file OPEN.BAT

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus/dopusRT.exe" /cmd Prefs LAYOUT = "%1"

To open various listers that I use. This is fast and convenient.

Thank you, Tanis.

THe suggestion by tanis to use lister layouts was very helpful. Either by naming the layout in batch, as the email said, or by right clicking to listers and picking one. This let me have highly tailored listers for various projects that I work on.