Batch operations builder

Hello!

I was thinking if it's possible to build batch scripts in an easy way for dopus to execute at any given time.
My idea is to start a "batch recorder" of sorts. This opens a window which contains as a list of commands of all the things the user sends there.
While the recorder is active, every operation is going there instead of actually being executed.
For example, a user starts a couple of copy jobs, a move operation, makes a dir, deletes a bunch of files and renames a dir. All these are recorded, not executed and when the user is done, stops the recorder and this list of jobs is saved with a name for the user to execute at a later time using dopus.
And if there are changes to be made, the user may open it with a simple text editor and do what he wants with it.
I hope my description is clear enough.

I’m not sure how well that would work in a file manager, for the types of things people need to automate. There would be a lot of variables that would need to be edited/specified, to the point that it would be just as complex as making a button to do the same thing is now.

For example, if you go to a folder with one subfolder and two files, and you select the first file and click Copy, it isn’t going to know if you want the generated code to use the 2nd item, the first file, the file (or folder) with that exact name, the selected file, the first file under the current item when the button was clicked… And it won’t know if you want it copied to the current destination folder or to a fixed location or to a location relative to the source folder…

You’d really just end up with a button that does some kind of Copy, and then have to edit it to make it do the correct action that you actually wanted. Beyond helping you know that the Copy command is the one involved in copying, it would not be very different to now. You would still have to read the documentation on the Copy command, understand what the arguments all do, snd use them to specify what the button should do.

Ah I see! Thx for the detailed explanation, makes sense. On a, somewhat, related note, would it be possible to add a delete job to queue instead of always been performed instantly, while (ie) a copy operation is going on?

At least currently, automatic queuing is only for copying/moving files, not any other actions.