Behavior Change: Flat View and Copying

Hi all!

Perhaps a bug (or not) but maybe a change is warranted?

1. I am in a folder ("A") that contains both files and more folders ("B").
  2. My intent is to copy all of a certain file type (let's say a bunch of zips) from all the "B" folders.
  3. I make a flat view to expose all the files, then select all the zips.
  4. I then disable flat view to get back to my original folder and paste.
  5. DO asks if I want to recreate the structure or move to the same folder. I choose same.
  6. It proceeds, but stops as I have already selected the files that were in "A" and obviously trying to copy them overthemselves. Expected behavior.
  7. Problem is this operation now terminates the remainder of the valid paste.

Is there an option/way/fix to have DO just skip the files that are essentially duplicated?

I suppose I could not choose those files to begin with in the flat view but for a larger list, that would be tedious.

Makes sense?

Kev.

That doesn't happen for me. Instead I end up with everything pasted into the main folder, and the files that were already in the main folder are duplicated (with a " - Copy" suffix added). Not sure why it would be different for us.

Ignoring that for a moment, here's an alternative method to try:

If you stay in Flat View and drag the selected files slightly, then hold Ctrl and drop them into the same folder (i.e. the background of the file display; make sure you don't drop them into a child folder if the mouse happens to be near/over one), that should copy everything to the parent folder.