Big Yellow Icon in Thumbnail mode { Picture Included }

I edited my shell32.dll so I would get cool looking icons in all apps. Sadly Directory Opus doesn't seem to show the new custom icon in thumbnail mode.

Grrrrrrr

Anybody know where Directory Opus is pulling the 96 x 96 icon from ?

I see the NEW icons in List and Large icons and details just not thumbnail mode.

=====

I think that icon is a PNG image resource within Opus itself.

It's actually drawn algorithmically (because it has to scale) :slight_smile:

So my 3 hours of searching for the right icon was a waste of time ?

I assume there is no icon or png because of the dynamic thumbnailer ?

PS: Maybe down the road we can get a choice of what is drawn.

======

I notice the jewel case is a PNG, why couldn't the folder be a PNG as well ?

====

Same big yellow folder in Dopus 9 as well. It's a real eyesore and doesn't fit in well with Vista. :frowning:

Yeah, yellow folders are so out of place on Vista...

:unamused:

Some of us change the icons right away though.

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean and definitely not sure why it was worth resurrecting an 11-month-old thread for. :slight_smile:

I've got nothing against people having the ability to customize Folder Thumbs. I was just pointing out that your statement that "big yellow folder icons don't fit in well with Vista" was a little odd considering Vista uses big yellow folder icons.

Anyway, if you want to be able to change the colour of folder thumbnails then you know what to do: Send GPSoftware a feature request via gpsoft.com.au/Support.html

[quote="leo"]I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean and definitely not sure why it was worth resurrecting an 11-month-old thread for. :slight_smile:

I've got nothing against people having the ability to customize Folder Thumbs. I was just pointing out that your statement that "big yellow folder icons don't fit in well with Vista" was a little odd considering Vista uses big yellow folder icons.

Anyway, if you want to be able to change the colour of folder thumbnails then you know what to do: Send GPSoftware a feature request via gpsoft.com.au/Support.html[/quote]

I forget this isn't an official forum. The big yellow folder is the same one from dopus8 and xp and vista icons are different. I'd just like it to be blue so it matches my other folder icons or customizable.