Bold files Modified Within 1 Day

Hi,
Just answered my own silly question and thought I'd share this.

Under Prefs / File and Folder Labels, I had set up a filter to bold the names of files that have been modified within an hour.
But I really wanted was to bold file names for files modified within one day. I couldn't find a way to do that and started typing a message... Until I realized that 1 day = 24 hours. :grin:

In case anyone is interested:
In Prefs / File and Folder Labels

1. In the top section of the panel, create a Bold label (check the Bold box, take black for unselected text foreground).
  2. In the bottom section, create a new label filter that applies "Bold" when "Time Match Modified Within 24 Hours".

Well, i had to use a filter, that´s 168 hours. :smiley:

You mean 192 ten thousandths of a year?

Well, it's the day of embarrassing myself.
Just discovered "Date Match Modified Within 1 Day".
:blush:

It's Sunday, I should have known to stay with the maddock in the garden instead of mashing my big fingers on a keyboard. :smiley:

Wishing you all a good week.

how did you set this up? this could be useful

It's shown in the 10.2.0.0 highlights video, 3m30s in: Directory Opus 10.2.0.0 + Video Guide

i watched it, but as is often with me, dont quite get it - can you make a button you can drop on the interface, to highlight files based on whatever criteria? is that what this is? (maybe amongst other things)

Hi der_affe,
I also documented it here.
To jump to the right section of the page, search "Automatically Label Files".

playful, thanks for the reply - i tried to pm you, but it seems i cant.

i'm a bit stumped with this - i follwed the instructions on your link, but under 'file and folder labels' menu, at the dropdown, i get 3 choices :assign label to file, assign label to folder, and create new wildcard label assignment. i cant seem to find how to follow your guide, am i just overlooking something obvious?

much thanks to you gentlemen and gurus :smiley:

could this filter be made into a toggleable button?

and what'd be neato is if you could make a lister, where the filenames (or filename backgrounds) could be different colors according to their ages, say red for modified within a day, yellow for a week, grey for a year in example. anyone ever heard of such?

Hi der_affe

It's not a menu. It's in Preferences (Settings / Preferences if you are using the standard Opus toolbars, F12 or the Prefs button if you are using mine).
In Preferences, navigate to Favorites and Recent / File and Folder Labels.
When you see the panel on the right, the instructions from the page I sent you will make sense.
In that same panel, you can make labels that color, underline or italicize file names, and filter files to apply these to files of different ages.

Regarding button / toggle application, I'd have to look in the command reference (maybe SET) to see whether it's possible, I don't know. Out of time today, sorry, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will be able to answer you.

Warmest wishes

:smiley:

What version of Opus are you using?

10.0.5.0 is over 6 months old and the option in question was added in August.

thanks jon, i guess im not the fool i thought i was. greetings to all around :wink: