Bring all listers to front?

I have a question that has as much to do with Windows as it does DOpus, as far as the method of bringing listers to the front of other programs.

My preferred method of working in DOpus is two side-by-side listers. I know that I can use a single lister and turn on "Display two folders in one lister", but I like having the same menus and toolbars in both folders.
The annoyance I'm facing is that in the windows taskbar, it displays two different icons, one for each lister. I have to click on both icons every time I switch to DOpus, which is especially bad if the icons are "stacked".

So what I'm wondering is if there's some way to press a single icon on the taskbar that would bring up all open listers, or if there's a way in DOpus to have a single lister in dual display mode, but still have duplicated toolbars and menus in both folders.

Thanks!

1. you can configure opus to have one opus with two sets of toolbars working for right and left panel
  2. if you really need to have your environment you can use WinLayoutManager

No there's not currently a way to bring all Opus Listers to front at once, however we can look at adding a command for this in the next version.

I lie :slight_smile: The command does exist, and it is Set LISTERCMD=ShowAll.

Is there a way to call a command like that from outside of DOpus? I use a toolbar launcher on my desktop that allows the creation of just about any type of buttons/commands.

Yes, you can use DOpusRT.exe: gpsoft.com.au/help/opus10/Docume ... erence.htm

[quote="pixsrv"]1. you can configure opus to have one opus with two sets of toolbars working for right and left panel
2. if you really need to have your environment you can use WinLayoutManager[/quote]

I experimented with a layout with a split panel instead of two listers, but the toolbar buttons act on the active folder.
What I'd like is that the shortcut buttons on the rightmost toolbar automatically affect the rightmost folder. Someone else just asked about this too in another thread.

I looked at the arguments for a button/command, but am not sure if that would do what I need.

Something like "Go "D:\My Art" but in the destination window, not the source.

Try the OPENINDEST or OPENINRIGHT arguments.

If you need more help, please ask in that other thread, or start a new thread if more appropriate, so this thread can remain about bringing listers to front.

Thanks Leo, I'm going to try both methods and see which works best.

Kind of embarrasing that I've used Dopus for so many years but have never used DOpusRT :blush:

Ok, awesome!

This works:
D:\DOpus\DOPUS\dopusrt.exe /acmd Set LISTERCMD=ShowAll

(with your path to DOpus of course) this brings all listers to the front.

Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

anyway WinLayoutManager allows you to do even more
because you can have an influence not only on DO but also on other apps (windows)
so if you for example want to show 2 listers (2 opuses) with text editor or something like this
then WinLayoutManager is the way you can use
and of course it hooks up in the system so it works "everywhere"

[quote="pixsrv"]anyway WinLayoutManager allows you to do even more
because you can have an influence not only on DO but also on other apps (windows)
so if you for example want to show 2 listers (2 opuses) with text editor or something like this
then WinLayoutManager is the way you can use
and of course it hooks up in the system so it works "everywhere"[/quote]

Thanks pixsrv, I'll check it out.

I've been using Actual Windows Manager for a while now, but will check out WinLayoutManager.