Adding a semicolon to the tags field doesn't stick

A quick test: open the meta panel, click the 'tags' field, enter a keyword and a semicolon. When trying to apply the changes, (only) the last semicolon in the edit field will disappear.

Semicolons are used to separate tags.

Yes, i'm aware of that. But i'd like to set that last semicolon anyway, it should not be removed, ideally. Because if i prepare to add a bunch of tags beforehand, like 'night', i'd like it to stay there, so that i can add more tags later, without always having to type that semicolon before appending more tags. This is often the case, where a bunch of similar keywords or properties are present, and the rest will be added later, depending on additional properties.

At the moment i am working on my latest photo session, and less than 40 images already took me two hours of work, and it's still not finished. Unfortunately, Tagger is still broken to the extent of being unusable at the moment.

I'm a bit disappointed, that there were no improvements in the metadata tags editor, despite the tons an tons of great new features in Opus.

Otherwise, the meta pane is fine, if one only wants to change a few details. But with maybe 50 or 60 tags, sometimes even more, it's a bit too fiddly. Photographers working with tags and keywords would love to see this improved, i guess. I would suggest, that the whole tags window should be detachable and also resizable, with a position that can be saved and with the tags not being written in a line, with line breaks, which often look a bit awkward, but in a column. Pretty much like it was in Tagger. That way the editing of a whole bunch of sometimes unwieldy keywords would be much clearer.

Regarding Tagger, which worked very well for a long time, i am experiencing weird effects, like not being able to type an 's', or struggling with the home and end buttons (which should act inside the Tagger window, but instead make the selected image go to the first or last item in the lister), also with ctrl-z, not working, and sometimes keywords ending up as glued together, with the semicolon missing (i guess that it's unrelated to this topic's issue).

Kundal made already several changes, but there is still something strange happening, and i have no idea, how it could be solved in the script's settings.

Anyway, thanks, Leo. So it works as intended. In that case, i would suggest to take this topic as a feature request.

Example, the last character of a word ends op in the next line. Resizing the window doesn't help much. The next time another word will have a bad line break.

grafik

Have you tried Filetags? Looks like a suitable alternative to Tagger.

I have just tried it, but it doesn't suit my needs. The images are tiny, when i need them fullscreen, or even original size, to see all the small details in my landscape an city architecture images.

You can use the standalone viewer and Filetags simultaneously.

No, i can't really. I open an image, have to place it at one side, but when i open Filetags, Opus' main window will cover the image. How i could set it up so, that i conveniently have both things side by side?
Seems not to be possible.

And i also doubt, that my images will stay in sync with Filetags, when i apply the changes. So i edit image 1, apply, then the next image would show up and Filetag is ready to work on that one, etc.

Edit: i can make it so, that i use a preview window, as large as possible, to prevent Opus' main window from covering my standalone image. But ideally, when applying changes in Filetags, it would move to the next image, to keep the workflow. There should also be a way to navigate back to the previous image.

But maybe we're getting there somehow. Thank you both, lxp and Steve!