[Bugs] Found a few bugs

Hi,

I have found some examples of what I believe to be bugs in the last few months. I'm running Opus v10.0.4.0.4444.x64 on Win7 with latest MS patches.

• Drag and dropping a share icon (eg; \server\share) to another lister (regardless of key / mouse button combo used) does not create a shortcut & gives an error (an unknown error occurred).
  • F3 search defaults to searching the selected folder rather than the current folder (not sure if this is by design or not, but if so, an option to change this behavior would be great).
  • A hotkey with the commands: Delete *.aaa & Delete *.bbb, when run on a network folder, will only prompt to delete *.aaa files, the *.bbb files will be deleted without prompting.
  • Some .lnk files are treated as an 'unknown file type'. eg; When adding a default left double click action to open 'unknown file types' with notepad, double left clicking a .lnk file which is a UNC shortcut to a network host (\server) opens notepad.

Please let me know if you need any further information regarding these.

Sam.

Hello, and welcome to the Opus forums... As the things you've mentioned below are all unrelated to one another - just be aware that you'll generally be asked to post one topic per thread.

Confirmed... and that the same operation (with same source and dest for the drag and drop) works fine in Windows Exploder... reported as a bug, and referenced this post.

That's not default behavior from what I'm seeing with stock settings. If you goto Settings->Customize Toolbars and look at the Keys page... what do you see for F3 bindings? Is there more than one? If not, does the one there say Type -> Toolbar? When you hit F3, does the find panel popup or is focus placed in the 'Search' field at the top right corner of the Location bar? If the Search field... if you again enter Customize mode and 'edit' the search field, are there any Args listed for the field (though I couldn't find any documentation on supported Args for the Search field-type).

Confirmed... reported as a bug, the confirmation only seems to be thrown for the first Delete command. As a potential workaround, you could just run a single delete command for both extensions: Delete *.(aaa|bbb)... but you might have a good reason to keep them separate, if you actually WANT separate confirmation/warnings to let you know if there are in fact files of each extension to delete and you want to say yes to some but no to others...

Confirmed - I configured the 'Unknown file types' category in the File Types Editor to run notepad {f} on Left double-click... and see the same when dbl-clicking on a shortcut to a unc remote computer path (from under the 'Network' namespace node - with Explorer since creating such a shortcut fails in Opus per your report above). That said:

• Is the option in Preferences->File Operations->Double-click on Files->Open unregistered file types in text viewer... not sufficient to achieve the actual goal?
  • You said ~some .lnk files are treated this way. Are there ~other .lnk files which are treated differently when you config Opus this way - or am I just reading that statement wrong?

Apologies, this was more of a FYI thread rather than an 'I need support' thread, but I'll keep that in mind for next time.

That's not default behavior from what I'm seeing with stock settings. If you goto Settings->Customize Toolbars and look at the Keys page... what do you see for F3 bindings? Is there more than one? If not, does the one there say Type -> Toolbar? When you hit F3, does the find panel popup or is focus placed in the 'Search' field at the top right corner of the Location bar? If the Search field... if you again enter Customize mode and 'edit' the search field, are there any Args listed for the field (though I couldn't find any documentation on supported Args for the Search field-type).[/quote]
F3 is simply bound to 'Find', and it is a 'hotkey'. No other F3 bindings are present. I have no toolbars active.

Confirmed... reported as a bug, the confirmation only seems to be thrown for the first Delete command. As a potential workaround, you could just run a single delete command for both extensions: Delete *.(aaa|bbb)... but you might have a good reason to keep them separate, if you actually WANT separate confirmation/warnings to let you know if there are in fact files of each extension to delete and you want to say yes to some but no to others...[/quote]
I wasn't aware of the 'Delete *.(aaa|bbb)' syntax, but yes, I can envisage a scenario where having separate commands would be desirable.

Confirmed - I configured the 'Unknown file types' category in the File Types Editor to run notepad {f} on Left double-click... and see the same when dbl-clicking on a shortcut to a unc remote computer path (from under the 'Network' namespace node - with Explorer since creating such a shortcut fails in Opus per your report above). That said:

• Is the option in Preferences->File Operations->Double-click on Files->Open unregistered file types in text viewer... not sufficient to achieve the actual goal?
  • You said ~some .lnk files are treated this way. Are there ~other .lnk files which are treated differently when you config Opus this way - or am I just reading that statement wrong?[/quote]
    Ah, I had set the 'Open unregistered file types in text viewer' option, but I think for some reason it stopped working correctly some time ago and I forgot where the setting was :slight_smile: Removing the 'unknown file types' double click setting now results in correct behavior for .lnk files and the desired open with notepad action for unknown text files. However, there is still a bug there which could impact other uses for the 'unknown file types' file type.

I was only able to reproduce the problem with .lnk files which were pointing to the root of a host (\hostname). If I create a .lnk file to a share name (\hosthame\sharename), the issue is not present. There may be instances where .lnk files pointing to other locations are affected, but I have not found any as yet.