Bugs wiht GUID instead of drive letter

I've created a shortcut referencing a folder via Volume ID (GUID) (e.g. \?\Volume{GUID}\ExtShared) instead of a drive letter so that when drive letter changes for this drive (as it can happen if e.g. another USB drive uses the same letter) I can still use the shortcut without worrying it'll break.

However, I've noticed a couple of odd things with this way of path reference:

1. Cosmetical - it would be nice to have the address bar resolve GUID to a drive letter and display that drive letter instead of the ugly GUID
  2. I can't delete any files while in this view (although I can create files and folders)
  3. The .. parent item line (two periods at the top of a folder view) doesn't work to navigate to the root of the drive (it does work to navigate one folder up in any folders further down the path). Other modes of navigation (Cursor Left Arrow or Backspace) work just fine at any folder level

Is there a way to fix this somehow?
Thanks

Deletion probably doesn't work because the Windows Recycle Bin API is confused. If you delete without using the recycle bin, I'd expect that to work.

But there is a better way than using the Volume ID / GUID: Use the built-in [nowrap]/$[/nowrap] alias.

e.g. If the drive is called "Utils" and mounted as U:\ then /$utils in a command will turn into U:\

e.g. Go /$utils
e.g. Go /$system

Thanks, that's a more convenient alternative to using those incomprehensible IDs! It also resolves directly to drive letter in the path bar instead of staying as ID.