Button edit problem

Hello,

I was wanting to edit a button I made a month or so ago and I can't get the edit dialog to come up.

When I right-click on a tool bar and select "customize" the "Customize - Directory Opus" dialog pops open. I then put the mouse pointer over the button I wish to edit, right-click on it and select "edit". I can see the edit dialog window pop up for a fraction of a second, then it disappears. For the life of me I can't figure out what's going on????

I have the latest Opus and I'm running WinXP with service pack 2.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Is the dialog behind another window or something?

If not, does it happen with one button in particular, or several ones (all in the same toolbars, all the buttons in all the toolbars, etc.) ?

[quote]
nudel wrote:
Is the dialog behind another window or something?[/quote]

Nope, the dialog pops up then goes away.

I did finally figure out what was going on. I use a utility called "FileBox Extender" that adds icons to the title bar of a program or file requestor. The lastest release of FileBox Extender that I had added support for DirOpus. Just on a whim I disabled FileBox Extender from adding these icons to DirOpus and I was able to edit my buttons again!!!

The newest FileBox Extender fixed the problem also.

nudel wrote:
Is the dialog behind another window or something?[/quote]

Nope, the dialog pops up then goes away.

I did finally figure out what was going on. I use a utility called "FileBox Extender" that adds icons to the title bar of a program or file requestor. The lastest release of FileBox Extender that I had added support for DirOpus. Just on a whim I disabled FileBox Extender from adding these icons to DirOpus and I was able to edit my buttons again!!!

The newest FileBox Extender fixed the problem also.[/quote]

well, the latest Dopus (8.1.0.5) and the latest FileBox Extender (1.04 from www..hperionics.com) still show the problem if and only if the FileBox Extender Option "Resize std. file boxes to ... size" is toggled on

hope this helps...

• Clemens