Button to load GPS data into Google Maps?

Is there a way, when a picture file with GPS data is selected to click a button or use a shortcut key or a right click menu option to load google maps with the latitude/longitude information embedded in the EXIF data of this photo?

Right now i alt-ctrl-c to copy the exif data to clipboard, paste it into notepad, and copy/paste the data into google maps. Would much prefer a simpler way of doing it.

Thanks.

I think you use Image LOCATE=googleearth and, according to the manual, it needs Google Earth to be installed. I have never used it myself.

I am back to this topic again, but on a slightly different track..

is there a way to select a file, and press a button, or a hot-key and have it copy the latitude and longitude to the clipboard. At that point, i would simply go to Google maps and paste the info in there and away I go.

Currently i have the GPS data showing up in the tooltips. So i simply do a ctrl-alt-c to copy that, paste it into notepad and then copy the lat/long and paste in. I would like to eliminate the need to open notepad and just do it in one step

Thanks,

You should be able to do that using a slightly modified version of my script to copy image URLs with width and height to the clipboard.

If you're not sure how to modify the script, upload a sample GPS-tagged image and I'll see what I can do.

[quote="leo"]You should be able to do that using a slightly modified version of my script to copy image URLs with width and height to the clipboard.

If you're not sure how to modify the script, upload a sample GPS-tagged image and I'll see what I can do.[/quote]

incarnation.dyndns.org:89/files/ ... 16_021.jpg

I am far from being a programmer and i looked at the instructions on it, and it is a little beyond what I know. A sample image has been provided above.

As I would only use this feature for 1 image at a time, do i really need setclip? in any event i already use it for another purpose (create a url i can paste to people based on a file on my drive so i dont have to type in the info all the time). I just never bothered to see if i could use the built in script to do that.

Thanks,
FT

Sorry but why bother with clipboard and so on? What's wrong with adding

Image LOCATE=googleearth

to the context menu for images in Opus File Types. I use this action all the time. Then all you have to do is select the context menu of the images and it will access Google Earth and the location.

[quote="greg"]Sorry but why bother with clipboard and so on? What's wrong with adding

Image LOCATE=googleearth

to the context menu for images in Opus File Types. I use this action all the time. Then all you have to do is select the context menu of the images and it will access Google Earth and the location.[/quote]

Because I do not use google earth and rather use google maps. Also much quicker to switch to firefox than open google earth every time i am interested in looking up something

ah ok!

Please submit an official support request for this to GPSoftware via the support page on the main web site and we'll see if we can expand the options available here.

Perhaps we could also add support for Google Maps (if there is an interface) and or a copy to clipboard function.

No promises:) This forum is for general discussions but if you put in an official request then it gets added to the database for consideration.

I made a button to open Google Maps at the image's location:

[Open Google Maps at Image's GPS Coordinates)

works great.... however, how can i set it so that it copies to clipboard only .... i use a portable version of FF on my system and this script insists on using IE, which i never use.

The script just launches the default web browser. If it's IE then IE's what will open.

You could change the line near the end to either run Firefox.exe directly or to copy the URL into the clipboard using something like this:

Shell.Run """C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe"" /CMD Clipboard SET http://maps.google.com/maps?q=" & YDeg & ",+" & XDeg

cool, that works... i just have to manually change the path of dopusrt.exe after i export to a USB key, but it works just fine... cool

thanks!