Can I add more sound effects?

Is it possible to add sound effects for file copying, moving or deleting etc? I would like to use this functionality if it's available.

Yes it's possible and pretty easy to do, just add the Play command to the button you want.
The example below plays a sound file after copying the selected files.

Thank you very much for the reply. It works just as described.

Is it possible to also play a sound when using the equivalent keyboard shorcut e.g., when pressing the Delete key instead of using the delete button?

I don't think that I can edit my previous post, so please excuse the second posting.

Upon further trying it out, I noticed that I could indeed make it play a sound when pressing a shortcut key for copying and moving files. However, the one that didn't work was the Delete action. What differentiates it from the other ones is that there is no shortcut key already in the dialog for the Delete button. I tried entering the Delete key as a shortcut, which was accepted after a warning came up, but in the end the change didn't work. Deletion using the shortcut key does not play a sound.

Go to Settings -> Customize -> Keys and all should become clear. Some hotkeys are tied to toolbar commands, but some are standalone (so they still work even if the toolbar button is deleted, for example).

Thanks for the clarification. The Delete key apparently is tied to the relevant toolbar command and I cannot customize it to play a sound. As a workaround I made Ctrl+Delete as the hotkey for this toolbar button and now I can delete files with Ctrl+Delete with a sound effect.

The Delete key is a standalone hotkey; it's not tied to the toolbar.

Finally, I got it as per the above illustration!

One final question in case I messed up the settings: Should I tick the system-wide checkbox in the Command editor for this hotkey? Currently it's not ticked.

No, system-wide checkbox is to use hotkey out of Opus...

Many thanks to everyone for your help.