Can I setup a button to automatically update a document in 2 folders?

Would it be possible to setup a button that synchronizes 2 documents between 2 folders. I both directions.

Scenario 1: User Adam works in a network folder G:\Users\Documents\Test topic.docx
Scenario 2: User Eve works in a local folder C:\Users\Documents\Test topic.docx

Whichever one has the latest timestamp, updated last, should be copied over the older version in either direction.

Button? Script? Something else?

Button with Find SYNC or two Copy commands.

To be clear, is this it ? Keep in mind, neither user knows WHO "last updated" but in this situation, it does not matter as UnConditionally the last version from either G:\ or C:\ should overwrite the older one.

If this is correct, the copy will not occur UNLESS the source file is newer, yes ?

Find SYNC FROM "G:\Users\Documents\Test topic.docx" TO "C:\Users\Documents\Test topic.docx" RECURSE COMPARE=newer HIDEUNAFFECTED
Copy SYNC
Find SYNC FROM "C:\Users\Documents\Test topic.docx" TO "G:\Users\Documents\Test topic.docx" RECURSE COMPARE=newer HIDEUNAFFECTED
Copy SYNC
Set CLEARSYNC

Use either

Find SYNC NAME="Test topic.docx" FROM="C:\Users\Documents" TO="G:\Users\Documents" COMPARE=newer BOTHWAYS
Copy SYNC
Set CLEARSYNC

or

Copy FILE="C:\Users\Documents\Test topic.docx" TO="G:\Users\Documents" WHENEXISTS=keepnewer
Copy FILE="G:\Users\Documents\Test topic.docx" TO="C:\Users\Documents" WHENEXISTS=keepnewer

I used the 1st version and it does this "annoying" view-flip in that it re-orders the view sort order.

By default, I use Modified with newest files on top in both folders but this button code jumbles the date order and I have to open both folders and manually click on "modified" to get back the correct view.

Something I can add to bottom to "restore the default folder/file view" ?

Use the 2nd version instead and it won't do that.

I would also opt for the second choice. However, if you require the Sync tool, run it in a separate lister:

Go NEW
[
Find SYNC NAME="Test topic.docx" FROM="C:\Users\Documents" TO="G:\Users\Documents" COMPARE=newer BOTHWAYS
Copy SYNC
Set CLEARSYNC
Close
]

Great, the 2nd option works just as expected.

Plan is also for an extended use pattern ie. "Test topic*.*" as/when new docs added.