Can we vote on open issues?

There are a couple of issues that are important to me and maybe to others (or maybe not). Is there a way to get a list of open issues and give users a way to vote on what is important for them so developers could concentrate on these issues?

1 Like

I'm pretty sure they go by frequency and quantity of messages on the forum to rank the items.

Exactly that. If someone posts about something on the forum (and they haven't posted about it already) then it's the same as a vote.

At least for a newbie like me, it isn't entirely clear when that's welcome or worthwhile or how best to do that. The forum guidelines say to use the like button instead of posting something like "+1", but is anybody going to notice likes on old threads? I've seen comments like "you can make a feature request if you link your account", so are "votes" from trial users even wanted? And does a developer saying that something would be difficult or seems niche or that they don't see the point mean "please stop asking" or "we'll consider it if there's enough interest"?

+1'ing old threads is fine.

We'll weight opinions of linked accounts more, but we take everything on board, and a good idea is a good idea. :smiley:

If we said something is difficult/niche, knowing more people want it might change our minds. Sometimes it's also easier to implement things now which were hard in the past, due to other work over the years. (E.g. Adding new configurable colors for things is really easy now, but was a lot harder in the past.)

Good to hear! My impression had been shaping up a bit differently... maybe it would be worth adding some of that to the community guidelines? Anyway, thanks for the quick reply!

Most of the guidelines are generic and came with the forum software. :slight_smile: