Can you add a filter button to the list?

The existing filters or filter bar only supports filtering file names. When it comes to complex filtering, separate settings are required.
I think the ColSearch script is pretty good.You can perform complex filtering based on conditions, but familiarity with the script and usage is required.
I found two simpler and easier-to-use filtering methods that I hope will be supported by Dopus developers.

• Pop-up filter.Referring to Office Excel to set a button on each visible column field. After clicking, a combo box appears. The drop-down menu displays the contents according to the field grouping. You can also enter filter conditions in the combo box. It is best to also support evaluators, just like this:
    图片
    20240304_123538_289_copy
  • input filter.Referring to FileLocator Pro add a row below each visible column field, set up an input box and buttons, preferably with support for full-word matching, ignoring diacritics, case-sensitive, regular expressions, evaluators, and other settings, like so
  • It is suggested to add filter menu on the right key of column field
  • Double-click a column field to display a pop-up filter
  • Double-click the index field to display the input filter
    Hope to be seen by developers, you have better ideas can also chat together.
1 Like

Great idea, this would make filtering much more convenient and efficient, as well as easy to use.

I Think This would be a grate job for Opus if developers gives their attention about this.

Is it possible to implement this function?

try it

Thanks.

Regarding your question, in the meantime, you can try using the latest version of FilterByColumn (the one you have is an old version). With that you can now also use it as a command. You can then add these 2 entries to your column headers context menu.

Search by '%1'.dcf (378 Bytes)
Filter by '%1'.dcf (377 Bytes)

Remember to enter the operator and your query (only the column name is pre-entered).

OK, thanks, I've updated it, and it's great!