Cannot customize drive icons

I created a new toolbar "Drives" and pointed the "Command Editor" for each drive and folder to a custom icon, not the Opus default icon set. "Show Image" and in one case "Dual Image" is checked off but the default Windows 7 icons always show when I click "OK".

What am I missing?

Drive icons come from the system, not the Opus (or any other) icon set.

This is how you change them:

[HDD Letter Icons)

Thanks for the explanation but somewhat confused why the functionality exist inside Opus if Opus is not the handler for changing icons. Seems like a pointless option or a tease if I still have to manually adjust the Registry.

I'm a bit confused about what you're doing. If you're using the Go DRIVEBUTTONS command, then as Leo says, the icons it displays come from the system (and are the same as will be shown in Explorer, for example). However if you're defining multiple Go buttons manually by specifying the path for each (Go C:, Go D:, etc) then you can set any icon you want for these buttons using the Opus button editor.

Let me make it less confusing by using pictures;

1st image shows the "Command Editor" where the whole process starts.

2nd image shows the "Select Icon" dialog where my confusion starts. This appears to be a function to allow me (the user) to select a unique icon for, in my case, drive letters.

Apparently you two are trying to impress upon me this is a useless function as the O/S overrides, or sets defaults for, any icons I assign to drive buttons.

I created multiple drive buttons (2 HDD and 4 mapped drives from a server). I created unique icons for all drives however using the methodology I already explained, none of my icons appeared.

A button which runs "Go DRIVEBUTTONS" or variants generates a list of buttons. The button itself is just a placeholder for the list.

Think about it, would you want every single drive, whether HDD, DVD or floppy, to have the same icon as the placeholder button?

The icon of the placeholder is not used in this case because the placeholder itself never appears on the toolbar. Instead you get a button for each drive using each drive's icon.

As Jon said, buttons which run a simple "Go C:" or similar, rather than generating a list of drives, will use their icons.

Understood.