Canon camera doesn´t appear in Opus / fix

I´d like to share this finding: A Canon digital camera doesn´t show up in Opus, no drive letter appears, although Opus is
set to full replacement mode. In Explorer it is shown under a Canon entry (like i said, no drive letter).

Following trick worked fine: browse to the containing folder in Explorer containing the images. In the context menu select
"open in Directory Opus", it opens ok (the tab header has no path, though, only something like "100Canon"), now add the
folder to the Opus favorites. From there it can be dragged into a toolbar as a direct shortcut to the images folder, using some
"IDL:?AAA" style name. Seems to be some virtual drive, like discussed in this thread:

[url]How to show virtual drives in Drive Buttons menu?]

Maybe there is yet some other way, but the favorites trick made it possible to get the IDL code somehow.

This prompted me to plug in my EOS.

While the Canon does not show up in the drive bar, it is there if I expand the "Computer" bit of the tree.

But when I do that, it is not visible in the explorer pane.

Haven't tried fixing it.

I had the same problem today, and I also expanded "Computer " in the folder tree and discovered my Canon camera.

The problem is that the camera does not show up in the folder tree. I thought I remembered that it used to do so (I have not yet updated to v. 10, by the way). Am I misremembering, or/and is there any way to get the camera to show up in the folder tree?

Regards,

Hans L

You expanded Computer in the folder tree and discovered your Canon camera there, but the problem is your camera does not show up in the folder tree? Huh?

Yes, sound crazy, doesn't it, Leo :slight_smile:

Sorry, forgot to say that is shows up in the lister, but not in the folder tree. I have Win 7, 64-bit, by the way.

Regards,

Hans L

Same issue here. Using latest dopus10 - Canon IXUS compact doesn't appear in the lister under 'computer' but does appear in the directory tree.

Image didn't seem to work, so here's the screenie as an attachment

I installed v. 10 too, and now, the camera does not show up at all. As I have a lousy memory for technical stuff (that is, I can do much technical stuff, but I don't recall it two days later), I will experiment a little, but I hope that someone with great knowledge of DOpus can comment on this (in my case, with v. 9, the camera occurred in the lister, but for spoonwzd, in v. 10, it shows up in the folder tree).

Regards,

Hans L

No, I cannot get my camera to show up now. Any tip?

Hans L

Turn off the 'native' view of My Computer, under Prefs - Folders - Virtual Folders for now, if you need to see cameras that don't mount as real drives appear in My Computer.

(Or put the camera's memory card in a card reader, which usually works much better anyway.)

[quote="leo"]Turn off the 'native' view of My Computer, under Prefs - Folders - Virtual Folders for now, if you need to see cameras that don't mount as real drives appear in My Computer.

(Or put the camera's memory card in a card reader, which usually works much better anyway.)[/quote]

Yup, that works but the view isn't as pretty. Still, solves the issue - cheers!

Also, putting this Camera's memory card in a reader doesn't yeild any results as it's a custom format. There is no option but to use the USB connectivity provided by the Camera to get pictures off it.

The native Computer display will support cameras in the next version.

Great news - thanks Jon!

Yep, works for me too. Thanks, Leo and Jon.

Hans L