Can't open files from Sharepoint (Opus and Explorer)

Hello. Our IT support replicated a sharepoint folder to my PC. Everything went fine and I can see everything in DO. But I can't open any files. I am getting an error (image attached). I can open the files from MS explorer, though. Any suggestions how to make this work?

If you use the right-click menu on one of the files, do the options in there work, or do they produce the same error?

Can you open them via any other applications, or only from Explorer? (e.g. Via the File > Open dialog, then right-clicking them.)

First of all, I was wrong. File Explorer is not opening files either. Error message is the same. It seems that I tested this with different files and luckily the file which I tried to open with File explorer, opened for some reason. I think this is eventually a problem with sharepoint. But I answered to your questions below, too.

right click menu works with some of them. Those files open also by double click. Others will not open from right click menu->open with...

Opening directly from the app doesn't work either. Open-button stays gray.

If it affects all software then I'm not sure what the cause would be. You may need to ask SharePoint's support, since this looks like a SharePoint issue rather than an Opus one.

(Searching for the error message + SharePoint may also find answers.)

1 Like