Can't save lister view

I can't seem to figure out how to save a lister view. I have a "Utilities" folder on my desktop. When I open it I do not want to see the folder pane. If I save the lister view without the folder pane that condition is applied to all other folders. I want it just to apply to the "Utility" folder. Is there a way to do this?

Read HOW TO: Understand and Configure Folder Formats

I presume that by "folder pane" that you mean the Folder Tree?

While the Folder Formats FAQ is essential reading I don't think it will help here since Folder Formats cannot change whether the folder tree is displayed or not. Folder Formats define how the file display looks but don't have any control over other elements like the tree, viewer, and so on.

If you want something on your desktop that you can double-click to open a folder without the tree showing -- without turning the tree off for all folders -- then the easiest thing is to use a Layout:[ul][li]Set the lister up how you want it, showing the folder in question and without the folder tree.[/li]
[li] Save the lister as a Layout via Preferences / Layout / Saved Layouts, or via the menus, Settings -> Lister Layouts -> Save This Lister.[/li]
[li] Once the layout is saved you can drag it from the list in Preferences to the desktop to create a shortcut to it. Then you can double-click it instead of your Utilities folder/shortcut.[/li][/ul]You could also make a button which opens a new lister showing the folder with the tree turned off and put a shortcut to it on the desktop but that requires a bit of extra work.