Can't set automatic display folder properly

Hello,

1. i have some difficulties to have my folder display like i want. before in the previous Directory opus (10), i had an icon at the bottom of the software with a menu letting me choose the display for "videos", "images", "music" etc ... i don't have it anymore and i must use right click > Display > etc .. to have it. is there a way to have this icon back ? it was much more quick to use.

2. i'm trying to set the display of my folder in a better way but i don't succed.
    on all my files, i want a display of the files in details mode. beore it was switching automatically to "thumbs" mode when there was one picture in the folder and it was very disturbing.

i would like for example, for a specific folder, like Y:\Mp3
to switch to this folder automatically to show as the folder's picture the .folder.jpg who is in this folder.

Before, directory opus was setting the folders automatically when there was a picture in a folder for anything and it was very disturbing, it was doing that all the time, and i had to always to click on "details" again to be back in "details" display.

in preferences to stop that, i set it like this :
Display thumbnails for folder : no
load automatically all thumbs in a folder : no

Thanks !

Thanks

You are aware of the content type folder format system in DO, right?
Sometimes it's hard or impossible to find a fitting threshold for the content-detection.

I did an addin called OverrideFormats, which is able to set your display to "details", whenever there's a folder in your filedisplay. It stops DO from switching to thumbnails mode whenever there are folders and a just single image file e.g.

a bit.

[quote="tbone"]Sometimes it's hard or impossible to find a fitting threshold for the content-detection.

I did an addin called OverrideFormats, which is able to set your display to "details", whenever there's a folder in your filedisplay. It stops DO from switching to thumbnails mode whenever there are folders and a just single image file e.g.[/quote]

ok thanks i will try it !

Folder Formats: Quick Guide explains how to always have the same display mode in all folders.

You can have that drop-down back, but if you use it it will turn content type formats back on, which will (depending on other settings) put you back to having the display mode automatically switch to thumbnails, which is not what you want.

Instead, it might be better to create buttons or a menu which switch to specific folder formats, or which change the display mode, or whatever you want. We can help you set that up, if you tell us what you want in it. (If you just want a quick way to switch in and out of thumbnails mode, that's already there on the default toolbar.)

[quote="leo"]Folder Formats: Quick Guide explains how to always have the same display mode in all folders.

You can have that drop-down back, but if you use it it will turn content type formats back on, which will (depending on other settings) put you back to having the display mode automatically switch to thumbnails, which is not what you want.

Instead, it might be better to create buttons or a menu which switch to specific folder formats, or which change the display mode, or whatever you want. We can help you set that up, if you tell us what you want in it. (If you just want a quick way to switch in and out of thumbnails mode, that's already there on the default toolbar.)[/quote]

Thanks for the Guide ! i will read it. yes, i know about the already button to switch details / thumbs... but it's annoying to use.
now the automatic switch is disabled, but of course, when i click on the thumbs button it's not working anymore.

my main need in fact is two :

• i just want to have the album view with albums thumbs to work when i'm going in my mp3 folder.
    the structure is like this for example
    y:\Mp3\Jazz\name of the artist\name of the album\track01.mp3

would like to have the albums view only when i'm going to the "name of the album folder".
unfortunatly, if i do this, when i'm going in the track01.mp3 folder , the thumbs of the mp3 are displayed as well.
and of course, having on everything else on my computer to stay in details format, and still having the possibility to switch to thumbs view via the quick button in case i want to watch some pictures etc ...

not sure if it's possible.

another example, but i think i start to understand how to do it :
having some columns working only on a specific folder :
like my video folder, having resolution information, bitrate, frame per seconds, etc ...
and when i'm going out from my video folder, everything is back to normal with size of the file, date etc ...

but i must investigate a bit because i never really played with all these in DO. always used it in a very simple way.
(suffering from headache doesn't help to search and find the solution to all this :slight_smile: ).

thanks for the help !

y:\Mp3\Jazz\name of the artist\name of the album\track01.mp3

Use wildcard path format which matches y:\Mp3**, sets the view to thumbnails, and make sure the option to apply to sub-folders is turned off.

(Actually, please see next reply.)

Looking at my own config, I don't know if y:\Mp3** will work, but this will:

First, turn on the Use regular expression option which you can see near the top of the dialog just above this post.

Then use this as the expression:

y:\Mp3\[^\]+\[^\]+$

That should match all folders two levels below y:\Mp3, but not ones three levels below.

[quote="leo"]Looking at my own config, I don't know if y:\Mp3** will work, but this will:

First, turn on the Use regular expression option which you can see near the top of the dialog just above this post.

Then use this as the expression:

y:\Mp3\[^\]+\[^\]+$

That should match all folders two levels below y:\Mp3, but not ones three levels below.[/quote]

wow thank you so much yes you're right, the previous line was not working , this one is working perfectly ! thank you very much !!