Change the names of the column fields in the lister?

Hi, as far as you don't write/define a name for a column in the lister by script yourself, the names of the columns are predefined (as selection).

But the column or the name of the selectable column "Path length" is misleading, because the path length shows NOT ONLY the character length of the path as a number, but ALSO (in addition, so added) the length of the characters each files in this file-folder-path.

=> Therefore I would like to simply rename the name of the column "Path length" to "Path+File length".

Is this possible, if so how?
Best thanks.

You can't rename built-in columns, but you could add a script column which shows the same information under a different name.

I'm not sure what's wrong with "Path Length" as a name, though. It's the length of the (full) path to each item. If it showed the length of the path to just the parent folder then, in most locations, it'd show the same thing for every item, which wouldn't be that useful.

Hi Leo, ... at me - as written - (in the column path length next to a !FILE!) not only the number of characters of the path is shown, but the number of characters of the path AND (thus in addition) the number of characters of the corresponding file, example:

• C:\TEMP = 7 characters
    => If you display the whole directory of C:\ it shows next to the directory TEMP => Path length: 7 => This is CORRECT.

• C:\TEMP\x.txt
    => But if you click on the directory C:\TEMP and display it, it shows next to the file x.txt => Path length: 13 = 7 (for C:\TEMP) + 1 (for ) + 5 (for x.txt)
    => BUT ... I would like to have ONLY the number of characters of the (pure) path length (i.e. without the number of characters of the file in question as a column) displayed here (next to the file in the Path length column).

=> So, can you give me a tip on how to add a script column with the name I want
OR/AND
=> what I have to do, that also next to a file in the column path length just the length of the pure path (WITHOUT the characters of the file in question) is displayed??

Thx a lot!

This add-in can easily be adapted for both of your desired columns:

lxp, thanks for the suggestion. But I'm not a programmer, so I can see how to add an additional column with a script, but NOT, => WHICH VALUES I should give to the additional column fields (in your link only values regarding 'date' are visible).
So => does anyone have an idea WHICH is:

• (1) the value for displaying the number of characters (only) of the pure directory and
  • (2) the value for displaying the number of characters of the pure directory IN ADDITION to the value for displaying the number of characters of the filename in question as well?