Changing folder icons in Windows 7

I had the icons changed in XP, but for Win 7 it doesn´t seem to work. Changes on the "all folders" file type or in the system file types won´t be accepted. Has anyone found out, if this is possible?

This way worked in Vista so it'll probably work in Windows 7 as well:

Change the default folder icon in Opus.

hmm, it does not work here. I made the key & subkeys, pointed them to the folder icon, rebooted, even changed it in the system file types. Maybe, because it is a evaluation version of Windows 7? (for example, Truecrypt also can´t be installed on this version, because it´s beta).

I just tested it and it works fine with the RTM version of Windows 7.

I´m quite positiv, i followed every step, so this is perhaps the reason. I´m gonna buy a Windows 7 Professional soon, anyway.

I followed the steps and it worked for me on Windows 7 Ultimate, after rebooting.

abr's reply from the other thread (was accidentally posted in a new thread instead of this one):

Now YOU posted in the wrong place :smiley:

I did? Well I'm confused then. You post it wherever you want and I'll tidy up whatever is left. I can't post under your account anyway so it's better if you do it. :slight_smile:

No, now it´s good, thx. It looked like you answered Christiaans question, in the old thread. Status:confusion complete! :slight_smile:

Anyway, it was only that missing space, now the folders are changed, even without rebooting.