Check-box Mode & Recycle Bin Always Visible

Can anyone help?

1. How to enable check-box mode (for file selection) to be ALWAYS visible when I start DO?

2. How to view RECYCLE BIN in folder view when I start DO?

I start DO via taskbar using a shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe" "C:\My Documents" (to always position itself in My Documents when I start DO)

And the 'SHUTDOWN DIRECTORY OPUS WHEN THE LAST LISTER CLOSES" is checked. I want a fresh start always, because I don't have enough memory available.

Thanks!

You can't at the moment as it's only intended to be something turned on temporarily in specific situations. (I guess you could make a command which opens the window and then turns checkbox mode on, but I'm not sure how well it would work. It might be easy or it might require some experimentation...)

Note that checkbox mode in Opus is quite different to the similar-looking mode added later in Explorer. If you just want an easy toggle-select mode, checkbox mode isn't really for that; instead, either use Power Mode and configure the mouse buttons however you want or, in any other mode, use the middle mouse button to toggle files on & off without affecting other files.

[quote]2) How to view RECYCLE BIN in folder view when I start DO?

I start DO via taskbar using a shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe" "C:\My Documents" (to always position itself in My Documents when I start DO)[/quote]

Change it to run this:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /open /trash

Note that this runs dopusrt.exe, rather than dopus.exe.

(PS: Please ask one question per thread.)

Hi Leo, :slight_smile:
I only found that the check-box mode existed when I started using Win 7 Explorer (I could rant about Explorer for years). I only use the check-box when I'm on lazy mode and fully stretched in my chair (the keyboard is sort of out of reach). The middle mouse button works just fine! :slight_smile:

The Recycle Bin solution you gave works fine, but I wasn't clear enough perhaps in my doubt. What I really want is to open DO10 in "C:\My Documents" and see the Recycle Bin icon in the folder tree. But as a temporary solution I created a shortcut icon in my menu toolbar and that too works fine.

Many Thanks,
Joe.

If Recycle Bin isn't appearing in the folder tree, check how the tree is configured in Preferences. I think you need to set the tree to show virtual folders and to start at the Desktop level.