Check for program updates does nothing

When I click on "Check for program updates..." absolutely nothing happens. How do I force DOpus to display the window with current beta-versions etc. ?

Using version 12.3 since apparently now update happened since then because of this bug?!?!

Check that the menu item runs the correct command. It should be:

Help CHECKUPDATE

If it runs that, the update checker should normally appear instantly, before anything else happens.

Could anything on your system be blocking it? e.g. Things that change which windows can open, where they open on the screen, or which auto-respond to dialogs?

Also, check the proxy settings (Preferences / Internet / Proxy) in case they are invalid, which could cause an early failure (although it shouldn't prevent the dialog from opening at all).

If needed, you can download the latest version via our website or the links in the update announcements here at the forum.

I don't have anything installed that could interfere with the window.

Thanks for the hint though I just downloaded the latest version from the webpage, installed it, and now the update window appears again.

How do I force it to update to the latest beta though now that I have the window back? The beta is shown in bold but there's no button to update to it.

Betas can only be downloaded manually. The update checker does not look for them.