Column headers missing in initial tab list view (DO12.1)

My default view for all tabs is List. When I first open a Lister, the column headers are not visible in the initial tab view in both panes. Changing to other tabs shows the column headers. Changing the view to something else and back again to List shows the column headers. If the tab is changed and the default Lister is saved, that first visible tab is the one without column headers. I've reset the format to factory default, changed the view back to list and saved the format to all folders (with clear and replace), but they are still not shown.

I have the same problem and reported in around 10 days ago. I sent Leo a copy of my configuration to help analyse the problem. The problem is still there in the released version of Opus 12. The only way I have found to get around is to set a "dummy" as the default in a tab group, but it hardly a great solution.

@auden: I found your post [url]Tab display issue] and it does appear to be the same issue. Hopefully my situation will demonstrate the problem with a simpler config as I like to keep things as close to stock as possible. My config was carried forward from DO11 and I do have a backup of it just before upgrading to DO12 if the devs are interested.

As a temporary fix, please try turning off Preferences / File Displays / Options / Show sort header in icon modes.

We should have a proper fix in a future update.

Sorry Leo, appears to make no difference. Will wait for the fix.

If you turn off Preferences / File Displays / Options / Show sort header in icon modes

Select the default folder in a tab group. Nothing happens still no column headers

However, turn Preferences / File Displays / Options / Show sort header in icon modes back on and the headers appear.

Unfortunately, if you change tab groups your have to apply the "fix" all over again.

Thanks for the additional information, we've been able to reproduce this now and it will be fixed in the next update.

Many thanks

[quote="leo"]As a temporary fix, please try turning off Preferences / File Displays / Options / Show sort header in icon modes.
[/quote]

That worked for me.