(See Also: "Extract Cover Art" column and command)
Requires Directory Opus 11.5.2 or above.
Requires ActivePerl 18.104.22.1681 or above installed and enabled for scripting.
Requires the MP3-Tag package.
If you upgrade ActivePerl, make sure the package exists (is compatible with) for the new version*.
Here's how to install ActivePerl and/or packages
This script adds a CoverArt YES/NO column, and the commands ExtractTagImage and ExtractTagImages
The scripts seems to work properly on my computer, but no guarantees are given.
ExtractTagImage INFILE= OUTFILE= AUTOEXT
- extracts the first available coverart from and saves it into the file .
- output filename must be specified with a extension.
AUTOEXT is optional. If it is specified, the script attempts to correct the fileextension for the output filename.
In other words, if you name the outfile test.jpg, but the mimetype says it is .png then the script writes to the file test.png.
ExtractTagImages OUTPATH= AUTOEXT
- extracts the first available coverart in each file from selected files.
OUTPATH is optional. If not specified the it outputs the files into the same folder as the files.
AUTOEXT is optional. If it is is specified, the script attempts to correct the fileextension for the outfile, default is .jpg
Note: The script don't seem to handle "special" characters such as japanese.
Rename .osp to .zip if you want to extract and modify the script.
- Updated recommended version
- Added note about upgrading ActivePerl because MP3-Tag 1.13 is currently not compatible with 22.214.171.1240.
ExtractTagImagesCol.osp (1.97 KB)