Column view

Is there any column view in Directory Opus (ie. like the Mac finder column/pane view)? If not I would like to request this, I have always missed it since switching to Windows, it's particularly useful when dragging to move files through different levels of the file structure.

No there isn't.

OK, would you please at least consider adding it? It would be really useful!

Somebody asked a similar question a few years ago:

Ha, seems like I’m the one who requested it! I forgot I had posted this, apologies for the re-post.

Anyway it seems unlikely this will ever be added.

I posted this time because there is a new app called file that offers this view, but it’s far inferior to DO so I won’t be switching.

How about using the 'Dual Display' mode? Moving files to/through different level of file/folder structure is a task I do very often and is vital to my photo organizing work. I find DOpus EXCELLENT for this task.

I use both Mac and PC, and I'm confident that once you learn how DOpus can be used to move files and folders, you'll find it's much better than what you can do with Finder. By viewing files/folders using 'Flat View', 'Flat Mixed', and 'Flat Grouped', you'll have fabulous options for moving files and folders.

What I described above is what I figured out on my own by experimenting. It is difficult to find the information in the manual, so check out these 2 pages:

Thanks. Yes i regularly use dual display mode, it is great. I found flatview confusing, particularly because it doesn't work well when using the details+thumbnails view which i use mostly. But I'll give it another go - maybe I'll set up a new lister layout with flat view, might be good when I want to switch from browsing to organising!

You can have both icons and thumbnails at once, and/or move the thumbnails column around, if the issue was that it was harder to tell the indentation level with Flat View (Grouped) when only the labels are indented or there are things to the left of them which aren't indented.

(I'm having to guess what the issue is, of course, so maybe that wasn't it. But Details+Thumbnails works fine with Flat View in my experience.)

Hi Leo, apologies for the very late reply. I can't remember what I was trying to do here but I think I got it sorted out. thanks for your help!