Command line to open DOpus with a nominated layout

I have been searching both the forum and the manual for this, and while I am sure it is covered, I still have come up blank.

I have a shortcut on my QuickLaunch bar in the form: "C:\Program Files\Directory Opus\dopus.exe" and it automatically invokes the layout I have specified in the default lister.

My question:

How do I modify this command to override the default layout, and open DOpus using an alternative layout, while at the same time, closing any existing listers which may be open?

Should I be invoking dopusrt.exe with a /cmd parameter, or is it a simple matter of adding a parameter to the existing command?

And where is this covered in the manual?

TIA

Here you go:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /CMD Prefs LAYOUT="Layout Name" LAYOUTCLOSELISTERS=yes

kenalcock wrote: [quote]
This is an edited version of a previous post
Here you go:

Code: "C:Program FilesGPSoftwareDirectory Opusdopusrt.exe" /CMD Prefs LAYOUT="Layout Name" LAYOUTCLOSELISTERS=yes

-------------------- m2f --------------------
[/quote] Thanks for that Ken...

It works fine.

However, I checked the manual, and it says that LAYOUTCLOSELISTERS defaults to "yes", but when I removed the "=yes" from your solution, the existing lister(s) were not closed.

I know. Picky, picky. picky :slight_smile:

--

Regards...

Bernard

<< The engine is running but there's nobody at the wheel. >>

[quote="bspeight"]Thanks for that Ken...

It works fine.

However, I checked the manual, and it says that LAYOUTCLOSELISTERS defaults to "yes", but when I removed the "=yes" from your solution, the existing lister(s) were not closed.

I know. Picky, picky. picky :slight_smile:

--

[/quote]Hmm...

I tried it on a different PC, and it worked perfectly, even WITHOUT the "=yes" :unamused:

Thanks again!

Look closer, there are three options for , not two.

The default action is not actually yes; if it were, would be shown as . The default action in this case how the option below is configured:

Preferences Layout - Saved Layouts - Close existing Listers when loading a new layout

Aah! Got it Ken...

I mis-interpreted the manual as suggesting that the first of the two options would be the default.

Thanks...

Bernard

[quote] From: kenalcock [mailto:orc_support@dopus.com]
Sent: Monday 29 January 2007 18:16
To: orc_support@dopus.com
Subject: [SUPPORT] Re: Command line to open DOpus with a nominated layout

Look closer, there are three options for , not two.

GPSoftware wrote: · LAYOUTCLOSELISTERS/O[,yes,no]: This option is used in conjunction with the LAYOUT option and lets you control whether existing Listers are closed or left open when you load a new Lister Layout.

The default action is not actually yes; if it were, would be shown as . The default action in this case how the option below is configured:

Preferences Layout - Saved Layouts - Close existing Listers when loading a new layout

Kenneth R. Alcock
I'm still looking for that damned key!
"To write well and speak well is mere vanity if one does not live well."--Bridget of Sweden.

[/quote]