Command: RenameFromClipboard

I'm not 100% sure now that that was the same button.. My C drive died recently and I stupidly had the configuration backup on the same drive. If that command does only work if the extensions are there that could make sense. Currently I'm copying folder names and putting them on files.. It's possible I only used that button when I was copying names from one set of files to another before. So there might not be anything to fix but I don't know.
I do think it was the same button though because I think it came with the theme (or whatever it's called) I'm using.

Updated to v0.3.1

I fixed the problem with filenames in clipboard having no extension and uploaded a new version.
Maybe try again. o)

1 Like

small tip only... maybe also change : data.version = "0.3" ?
keep up the good work.

Yep, I obviously missed that, but to my defense, I updated and wrote the correct version at 3 other locations at least! o) Now updated inner-script as well, thank you! o)

Is anyone having trouble with this script? It doesn't work for me anymore. When I select a batch of files and run RenameFromClipboard, it opens the rename window with only the first of the selected files and doesn't bring the clipboard names in.

Confirmed. Created a new topic, since it seems DO had an internal change.
We will find out what to fix, DO or the script addin. o)

I have a file name in my clipboard which have a number

MyFileName (12)

I want to rename the selected files as it is in the clipboard but just Increase the number +1
the wanted file name is

MyFileName (13)

thanks for your time on this and sharing it. should prove useful for some work related applications

Deselect parameter does not work.
Quiet parameter works but only if you set it globally (in Prefs > Toolbars > Scripts > Configure).

Still -- thanks for the great tool!

Is there a way to add data from clipboard before current name ?

Clipboard data : Test-
File name : Opus.txt
Result : Test-Opus.txt

Wouldn't this be a job for rename macros nowadays?

Don't think it's possible to use clipboard data in rename macro.
But nowdays, maybe there is another way to do that.

I therefore specify, I want to rename the selection by adding the text from the clipboard (e.g. text from website) in front of the original names of the selected files.

Ctrl+Shift+V will paste clipboard data when doing a rename macro.

You can also use the Clipboard menu at the bottom of the Rename dialog to prefix existing names with the clipboard text.

ok, it works but not ideal in my case.

1. I copied text from a web page, 1 or more words
  2. I select files in a folder
  3. I click on a button to insert the copied text at the beginning of the selected files.

There is no command to simulate this that I can add to button ?

There is :slight_smile:

@nofilenamequoting
@nodeselect
Rename TO="{clip}{file}"
1 Like

I was looking for that {clip} placeholder in here, couldn't remember its exact name.
Shouldn't it be right there somewhere or is it missing?

You can insert the clipboard with the Evaluator:

{=Clip()=}

So easy :heart_eyes:
I knew Opus could do everything.
Many thanks

I don't want to! I want to select the placeholder from the nice collection of things already there! o)
You seem to develop some kind of fetish for these Evaluator things, are you? o) I still haven't wrapped my head around them yet, I think I have issues with the syntax somehow, I don't know! o)

Yep, you got me... my guilty pleasure :wink:

Looks like {clip} is not supported yet, but it'd make sense to include it, right next to {date} and {time}.