Command: ScriptWizard (multipurpose scripting resources aid)

Hi tbone! o)

I have a problem with ScriptWizard again not recognizing my updated script.
I've tried the ScriptWizard CLEARCOLS command but it didn't help in this case. It just says "Unsupported: No downloads found for script!".

I probably have to update something in my script...

Did you use the upload preparation procedure? It puts a copy of your script in a temporary place with the proper extension (*.js.txt in your case) and it also copies this filepath to the clipboard for you. All you need to do is to click "add files" on the "attachments" tab here in the forum and use CLTR-V to paste the path to your file. After that, close the upload prep-dialog of SW and you're done. The temp file will be removed and you totally avoided the hassle of copying your script out of "script addins", adding a *.txt extension, initiate the upload, browse to your file etc..

I guess you did those steps manually and just forgot to name the file correctly. It is uploaded as simple *.txt file. It's the wrong extension so SW does not find anything script related to download as it looks for attachments ending with *.js.txt, *.vbs.txt or .osp etc.

Let me know if that fixes your issue! o)

Your guess was correct, that's exactly what happened! It works now, thanks! :thumbsup:

As a heads up, we may be changing the forum software away from phpBB, which will likely impact the way this script scrapes forum threads for version information.

Nothing is set in stone yet but we're evaluating alternatives to phpBB (as well as the forum's current hosting).

Thank you for letting us know! o)

@tbone
see the error below:

2017.04.05 22:28:41 UpdateCheck(): "Command.Generic_ScriptWizard.js":
2017.04.05 22:28:42 X Download failed: Error: Getting url [Command: ScriptWizard (multipurpose scripting resources aid) - Buttons/Scripts - Directory Opus Resource Centre] failed, no internet connection?!
2017.04.05 22:28:42 W Error: 1
2017.04.05 22:28:42 W ScriptWizard update (attempt 1) failed.
2017.04.05 22:28:42 W Trying alternative download location: ScriptWizard (a multipurpose scripting resources aid) - Steax.net
2017.04.05 22:28:42 X Download failed: Error: Getting url [ScriptWizard (a multipurpose scripting resources aid) - Steax.net] failed, no internet connection?!
2017.04.05 22:28:42 W Error: 2
2017.04.05 22:28:42 W ScriptWizard update (attempt 2) failed.
2017.04.05 22:28:42 W Trying alternative download location: ScriptWizard (a multipurpose scripting resources aid) - Steax.net
2017.04.05 22:28:42 X Download failed: Error: Getting url [ScriptWizard (a multipurpose scripting resources aid) - Steax.net] failed, no internet connection?!
2017.04.05 22:28:42 W Error: 3
2017.04.05 22:28:42 E Unknown error: Getting url [ScriptWizard (a multipurpose scripting resources aid) - Steax.net] failed, no internet connection?!
2017.04.05 22:28:42 Error: Getting url [ScriptWizard (a multipurpose scripting resources aid) - Steax.net] failed, no internet connection?!

I have the latest version 0.5.9
also where can i find the documentation to use this script for my button here

Hi Vijay,
since the forum software changed, ScriptWizard is unable to parse the required information out of it.
I hope to get ScriptWizard updated within the near future, so things will get back to normal sooner or later.

What you should see is something like this though:

09.04.2017 18:40 SW:  UpdateCheck(): "Command.Generic_ScriptWizard.js":
 09.04.2017 18:40 SW:  X   Download failed: Error: Getting url [http://resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23179] failed, no internet connection?!
 09.04.2017 18:40 SW:  W   Error: 1
 09.04.2017 18:40 SW:  W   ScriptWizard update (attempt 1) failed.
 09.04.2017 18:40 SW:  W   Trying alternative download location: http://www.steax.net/dopus/scriptwizard.htm
 09.04.2017 18:40 SW:      No update available
 09.04.2017 18:40 SW:      The local script is uptodate
 09.04.2017 18:40 SW:  W   Local script has been modified

Here you can see how access to the former official url of ScriptWizard fails (because of a redirect to the new forum I guess). The redirect issue can be fixed but that does not make any sense currently if the new endpoint cannot be parsed anyway. The second attempt, where the alternative download location is accessed, works as expected. It tells me, there is no new version.

It looks like your DO is not setup to have access to the internet (firewall or DO-proxy-settings or something?).

Regarding your button. At this time there is no official support to alter scripts and codes in buttons (to make them update automatically). Doing this with v11 or v12 would involve a lot of cheap tricks and therefore SW kept away from it for now.

I hope this helps to clear some question marks?! Cya.. o)

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. You are right, it was a firewall error, even though DOPUS could access ftp and updates.

The links for v0.5.9 and v0.5.8 are pointing to the same link for v0.5.8. The link at the bottom of the post is pointing to v0.5.9 so I was able to update to the latest version.

Thanks, I fixed the link messup.
Probably caused by the forum update or Leos edits while cleaning up some things manually afterwards.

@Leo
Is there (still) no way to administer/edit/remove attachments in the scripting area?
No offense, just asking because I wasn't able to figure out how and where. Thx! o)

You should be able to make any edits you want now (to your own posts, of course).

But there may be something I've overlooked, since I've only tested the things I can think of from a non-admin account. What are you trying to do that the forum is blocking?

I was expecting something like the phpBB attachments panel to also edit some meta information for each. Looking again, it seems once you uploaded a file, the result is a plain link you can move around in your post without further information attached to it. So how to rename or delete an attachment e.g.?

To rename an attachment you'd have to download it, remove the link to the old one from the post, then re-attach it using a new name. There's no way to rename attachments in-place that I know of.

For adding attachments, note that you can just drag & drop them on the post editor. It's also worth noting that the URLs will look like random numbers, but when someone clicks them the files get their proper names.

Yep, ok. Thank you.

By the way, if you're thinking of parsing forum posts, the new forum lets you add .json to the url to get a raw version of the post, which is probably a lot easier to parse, and will also be generated faster.

e.g. This thread in json format.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Script wizard (split discussion)

I was wondering what's the current status of the ScriptWizard? Does it still work and does anyone use it?

If it still works and is compatible with all the changes over the years (including the forum software), I (or tbone) should probably make a poll post in the Off Topic to see how many people still use it (or know about it).

The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to clean up some of my old Add-Ins (when I find the time) and I was wondering should I also change something with the ScriptWizard support in some of them that have it.

I can't really tell if it still works. I think so. o)

The thing is, Win7 (what I still use everywhere, even at work) had a recent change in regards to how certificates are handled, something changed with the supported TLS/SSL versions in the scripting API if I got that correct.

Right now SW is unable to reach out to the DO forum and scrape through the threads to find outdated/updated scripts. On Windows7 at least, I'm not sure there is fix out there, I tried a KB patch from MS, that changed things a bit, but unfortunately still not successful. I did not find the time to test with a Win10 installation yet.

The version from the split-thread Script wizard (split discussion) should work. The SW script columns should still do very nicely with any version, they do here:

Yup, on Windows 10 too, but I thought it was just my firewall acting up.

You really did invest an incredible amount of work in the ScriptWizard! :+1:

So it's the same with Win10? Interesting, I think there must be a way around this. I cannot imagine that Microsoft cuts off its COM scripting from accessing any secure website. I am hoping to find some time to dive into this again. You name it, much work went into this and I think it's still a useful addition, so I really don't want this to fade away. Thank you for keeping an eye on the status! o)