Command to delete folder alias

Hi all,

I know I can
a) add a folder alias by using the FAVORITES command and
b) update a folder alias by simply adding it again (with a different path),
but how do I use a command to
c) remove a folder alias? Is there a way?

Thanks a lot,
MartO

I think they can only be removed via Preferences (or directly editing the config files).

What kind of thing are you doing where you need to automate removal of aliases?

Thanks, that's what I thought... :frowning:

I use DOpus on two machines with different directory structures (and aliases) but the same DOpus configuration. I keep playing with my settings, sometimes on the desktop, sometimes on the notebook. Afterwards I export the configuration to the other machine. Then, I always need to "localize" the folder aliases. At the moment I use different "folderaliases.oxc" files, edit both of them when I change an alias (which happens surprisingly often) and then copy one of them to the settings directory and restart DOpus. Instead, I would like to create a script that updates the aliases - it would be more elegant and easier to edit.

I guess if I really, really want it, I will create a script that generates my folderaliases.oxc...

Thanks,
MartO

Found this old thread while looking for something else.

As an update, you can add, delete and modify aliases using both simple commands and scripts now.

Thanks, Leo! :slight_smile:
I've been using an alias management script for quite some time now and it works perfectly!
MartO

A clear example wouldn't be bad, how to achieve this, please. I've tried "Favorites Alias" so far, but no hint how to remove or modify aliases. All i get is a quite common looking favorites menu.

The manual has examples for both setting and deleting aliases, under the descriptions of both modes of the Favorites ALIAS argument. Had you not seen those or are you looking for an example of something else?

Yes, i'll have to have another look then, i guess. I think i looked it up a couple days ago, being curious about that new function, but must have missed the example somehow. Thanks!

No, i cannot find anything in that regard, at least for normal commands. Maybe it's for scripting purposes only?

Are you looking in the F1 help or online?

Ok, found it in the F1 help. Thanks Jon!