Command to push to FTP destination + any way to change back to MSDOS in advanced button scripts?

I wanted to make a button that automatically pulls files from FTP and another button that automatically pushes files to an FTP location, how do i do such a thing? Is there anywhere I can find the deeper commands not shown in the resources? Like for instance I know how to switch to vbscript in an advanced button, but what is the alias for switching back to msdos? is it @MSDOS? is there one for WSL?

Is there any like DOPUS cli i can look at and just test commands? I swear I saw one before but I can't remember what it is called.

DOPUS is one of the only pieces of software I have paid for, and better yet I don't regret it even a little bit, people think the price is steep but just look at this level of detailed support, also I literally can't use windows explorer now. I should start a thread where people post pics of their dopus toolbars lmao mine is always evolving.

The reason I ask about changing the scripting lang back to DOS is because of this button I made:

This is what the FAKE RESTART button does.

And then after i cancel the pending startup I run this -

Here is the type.vbs,

if you could think of any way to tie these all into a button let me know!

The Copy command can do that, using an FTP site bookmark to store the connection details.

Yes, the manual. It's linked at the top right of this page, or the Help menu or F1 hotkey within the program (in a default config at least).

There's rarely any reason to use those modifiers to change the button type. The button editor has a drop-down for choosing it.

Please remember to Ask one question per thread

From the manual:

CLI

The Command Line Interpreter (CLI) tool has two main functions:

• It provides a very simple keyboard interface to the Directory Opus command set.
  • In Script mode, it allows you to design and test ad-hoc scripts.

You can open the CLI using the Tools / Opus CLI menu command.

There's rarely any reason to use those modifiers to change the button type. The button editor has a drop-down for choosing it.

What I meant was changing the type mid-button script.

Yes, the manual. It's linked at the top right of this page, or the Help menu or F1 hotkey within the program (in a default config at least).

And what I meant by this is that there seems to be some commands that are omitted from the docs, like we have @vbscript, but there seems to be other ones not mentioned, unless I am wrong. If not maybe I can compile one big list of all commands possible cuz thats kinda what I am looking for instead of in different sections.

You can’t change the language/type mid-script, and shouldn’t need to. Scripts can run normal commands themselves.

(Exception: The Rename command can have a script placed after it, which the command runs like a script defined in the Rename dialog.)

@vbscript” doesn’t do anything as far as I’m aware.

Hi WillIV
I just love your theme and tollbar Icon. Can I get your backup file Please?

You have convinced me to release my entire setup in a post later on,, remind me if I don't get to it! Many buttons are by Leo like the recycle bin and what not but many are my scripts and I think are useful, but if it's just my theme you're after I'll split that out for you as well! I spent a very long time on that theme haha

1 Like

I will loved to experience your script also, you know most of my post in this forum stack on script writing. Because I have no ability to write a script but I love script. That will be very joyful experience for me If I get your total backup with your lovely script. Have a nice day brother.

If you ever need help, I have been scripting for like 20 years, I cant get enough of it!

Heres the files early, and the post as well, in case they take too long!

1 Like