Compare files from 'Confirm File Replace' dialog?

Oh, I was talking about to override the replacement dialog only, which wouldn't affect the configuration you've used for the copying/moving operation (as it is now). And all the replacement options can be maintained as well, depending on the value returned by the new event(e.g., 0 to skip, 1 to replace, 2 to replace all, etc.). I don't see it as reinventing the wheel, but precisely as a way to extend current capabilities. In a specific case, I would like to be able to choose some value to display instead of 'Description,' and to choose this value on runtime, based on an existing column. accessible via a custom menu, for example. Or, if dealing with 2 images, display larger thumbnails. It would seem to me a very interesting addition, which would only be possible if the dialog can be manipulated (again, I repeat, only the dialog, without messing around with the copy/move stuff).

agreed, i have a couple pieces of software to get text from pictures and they dont always do the greatest job... sharex is decent enough but limited and makes mistakes.

either way i love the idea of an instant .txt output. to extract from sharex involves sending opening it, or sending a file to, to right click, find it in the context menu, opens an another window. have to manually copied the generated text, start closing window. etc etc etc and so on. haha

@errante
Well, I don't know.. o) Please file a concept paper elaborating the use cases, the benefits, the user surveys, the implementation efforts and also what features are missing in the scripted dialogs and then.. maybe the devs join in on your idea to replace the whole thing with a proper concept, API and documentation. I don't see that yet, but I have been surprised in the past, so.. o)

@xavierarmand
Maybe ask one of these AI bots, they might help to find the best tool out there. I recently went through 1200 threads and documentation websites (no joke) to find a solution on how to code a specific thing with a specific framework. No information was found, I even registered a forum to ask people directly, no useful response. After two weeks of research I ask "Copilot" and it came up with the 2 lines of code I was looking for within 5 minutes of tinkering with it. I was flabbergasted! After I realized, that the referenced links Copilot listed as "source", did not include any details on the actual solution it came up with, I was even more shocked - how on earth did it know? How does it know about things nobody has written anywhere yet?