I have a workflow that has an ingest stage and then an organize stage. I would like to automate the organize stage.
I'm hoping to run a script and move files to their intended (hard-coded) target.
In a single ingest folder there might be:
- kangaroo 19.12.01 hopping
- kangaroo 19.12.05 sitting
- gorilla 19.06.23 hanging
- gorilla 19.08.15 sleeping
I want the script to have hard-coding that moves these files into their intended folders, (Keying off gorilla and kangaroo in this example)
The end result would be:
- C:\Apes\Gorilla\gorilla 19.06.23 hanging
- C:\Apes\Gorilla\gorilla 19.08.15 sleeping
- C:\Marsupial\Kangaroo\kangaroo 19.12.01 hopping
- C:\Marsupial\Kangaroo\kangaroo 19.12.05 sitting
Also if the folders don't exist I want it to create it in it's target.
(If C:\Apes\Gorilla\ doesn't exist -- create it for example)
If files don't match the hard coding -- they should be left in place.
Can someone get me on the right track? I searched for this but couldn't find anything close enough for my script skills.