Congratulations on the new Dopus 13

thanks for the upgrade... to v13 am liking it a lot

2 Likes

Εξαιρετικό πρόγραμμα, αναντικατάστατο εδώ και χρόνια και δεν το αλλάζω με τίποτα, πολύ καλή η αναβάθμιση στην έκδοση 13, αυτό που θα ήθελα στο μέλλον είναι και μια έκδοση για λειτουργικά συστήματα Linux.

2 Likes

Yes, we should send copies to Linus T. and Mark S. :slight_smile:

It is perfectly fine to pay after 2 years or every year for Dopus. And as you say, you pay a little several times instead of a large sum. I thought the upgrade would be twice as expensive, so I think the upgrade is very cheap. I will pay as long as you develop Dopus, it is the best program ever made. When (not if) I get tired of Windows I will run Dopus through Wine if you guys don't get a feeling and create a linux version :smiley: No problem paying a lot more money for a linux version too. :smiley:

4 Likes

Και σε εσάς: παρακαλώ βάλτε τα γραπτά σας στα αγγλικά :wink:
And to you: please put your writing in English :wink:

Δε θα χρειαστεί αδελφέ, δεν πρόκειται να σας ενοχλήσω ξανά.
Καλό σας βράδι.

I'm in awe of the improvements and new features you guys brought to us. I want to take this moment to express my heartfelt gratitude to the talented team behind GP Software for all the hard work they've put in.

Since my first dive into the DO universe, I've witnessed GP's unwavering commitment to providing an exceptional experience for their users. The team's dedication is clearly reflected in every detail of this new release. It's simply spectacular!

Congratulations to the GP team on this impressive achievement. I wish you all the success possible with this new release, and I'm excited to see what surprises the future holds. Your constant innovation and commitment to quality is truly admirable.

Here I am, raising my virtual cup in a toast to the GP team. Thank you for making DO an essential part of our digital lives. May this launch be only the beginning of many more to come.

Cheers to GP Software and all the future versions that will undoubtedly amaze us!

8 Likes

I just bought the update from 12 to 13 and paid 50 AUD. For that amount you get 2-year updates. I think it's a good price, you also have to keep in mind that the developers are also people who also have to live. In addition, a lot has been added in DO 13.

Same here! It was two years for 50$AUD (46.44$CAD). Not too bad... 23.22$CAD a year.

Happy to have done the update. Will play with it more later. Now, back to work I go.

2 Likes

Opus 12.
I have a license for 2 computers plus USB and as stated at the time for life.
If I upgrade I loose them all including the USB portable 12 and that is hard to swallow.
I actually thaught to upgrade the main computer and keep the other one on 12. Was told I loose them all.
With other words to keep my 12 I have to buy a new full 13 and then I am not even sure if my 12 will not be "retired" sooner or later over the licensing system since I know they have to make money somehow.
Well, right now I try 13 but my main reason to buy 12 at the time was the folder size calculation and squares in front of the file name, anything else in the software, I never used or cared for and always felt it is overkill.
Windows Explorer has the squares in the meantime too.
Showing folder size is the only thing left for me but others have it all too and are complete free. Meaning if I don't find something really must have during the trial of 13, my money remains with me. Sorry Opus-Team

I'm not sure what you mean by "lose them all". If you upgrade your two licences to Opus 13 you'll still have two licences. The USB portable licence carries across at no extra charge.

You can keep using Opus 12 for as long as you like. No one's forcing you to upgrade. It sounds like you certainly shouldn't upgrade if you think all of the other features are worthless.

No idea what you mean about "squares" sorry.

I think he means that you can have checkboxes next to the folders so you can multi-select folders using the mouse alone instead of holding CTRL and clicks.

And those checkboxes were always in Windows Explorer as far as I can remember...

Sorry clarify.
I can not upgrade only 1 license of my 2 plus the USB one I was told. It's either all or none as upgrade.
Would have to buy a new full license 13 so the opus 12 license would not expire.
I actually thought at least the USB license could stay as 12 and would work since that was an extra buy but it seems the license will be deleted (Lifetime gone) for all 12.
:slight_smile: yes, square boxes I mean the checkboxes.
Thanks

No they copied us :smiley:

1 Like

That will carry across to your new licence at no charge. Do you actually need two licences? You get a free laptop licence anyway, so if you only have two computers you probably only need a single.

Jon,
I did not want to attack you. I know a lot of work is going into Opus it is just for me that I am using this 2 extra options at the time and still using them only. Never needed or used anything more or else from Opus. I agree with you, Opus is probably way overkill and waisted for and on me.
I was just a bit hmmmm when I got the following email by Opus:

Unfortunately that’s not possible.
Yes you can downgrade to a single licence if you wish. If an existing licence is used for an upgrade, the licence is revoked are revoked after the upgrade and can no longer be used, so you will lose the extra licence.
Remember the pricing is in Australian Dollars. We believe the pricing is very fair considering you now get 24 months free maintenance with the upgrade, but you can downgrade to a single licence if you wish. Licences used for an upgrade are revoked after the upgrade so you will lose the extra licence._
Regards, Dr Greg Perry

That's the email I received and that's what makes me rethink not to upgrade because I think I paid for a USB 12 license at the time. On the other hand it is a long time ago. (2016)
BTW, I have actually 5 computers. At the time I wanted more licenses but ended up installing Opus 12 on 1 desktop and 1 laptop computer and actually did not even use the USB one.

Thanks Marko

The USB addon is separate and won't be lost if you upgrade.