Congratulations on the new Dopus 13

Congratulations on the launch of the new Dopus 13 and the new homepage design, hopefully the presence of Dopus 13 will have a positive impact on users and more and more new users will come and enjoy the advantages of Dopus 13.

20 Likes

Congrats from Germany too and quick feedback: Automatic update to the new license and certificate during the install went flawlessly!

7 Likes

How do we all update our licenses, including testers?
I see the testers have some time to do that.

Edit: I see in the Buy / Upgrade section of the website, the price only includes one year of updates.

https://www.gpsoft.com.au/

"Subscription prices are currently expected to be $25 AUD"
Well, I entered my registration code, to be told my upgrade will cost $55 AUD!
What gives?
I've been using this manager since its Amiga days, when you could actually email with Greg Perry and make suggestions. Brag all you like about not being Adobe, but you're not sounding much like the community we once were.
John

1 Like

It's been 7 years since Opus 12 came out, the upgrade fee covers that period like any of the previous major upgrades. Going forward, the yearly fee will apply.

Greg loves getting email, you can still do that if you like :wink:

3 Likes

If I enter my registration code in the Upgrade section of the website, it only tells me how many licenses I have and my email address. If I click on the Renew section, it states that it's coming soon.

But regarding the renewal. I'm a computer enthusiast who has a few desktop computers and a laptop.
I have 5 licenses, and most of the time, it's only me that's using that license. I'm a long time user of Directory Opus, and I'll just have to think about whether it's worth upgrading to Directory Opus 13 and having a yearly cost for a file manager.

...and I really like the new design of your product page.

Thanks for the new version of DO!

Edit: Just ordered and installed the new license!

1 Like

I just bought the update from 12 to 13 and paid 50 AUD. For that amount you get 2-year updates. I think it's a good price, you also have to keep in mind that the developers are also people who also have to live. In addition, a lot has been added in DO 13.

3 Likes

Btw, will the community links be updated in near future, like this one, which is still redirecting to version 12.

Guys, don't forget to update your forum badge :wink:

4 Likes

I want to join in congratulating you on the release of version 13. I have been using DOpus 12 since June 2019. Never regretted the purchase and now the price of 25 AUD per year seems a very reasonable fee for an awesome product.

5 Likes

Congratulations on the Directory Opus,
a great day. Just mine when I found out today, I immediately bought the upgrade, that's out of the question :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Was waiting for it for a long time.

I understand the license move that was needed.

I just hope they added dark interface that can switch automatically

1 Like

Congratulations!
Started my day at work, and there it was, 13'th had been shipped!
Bought it two seconds afterwards. Looking forward to using it even more than before :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations on a wonderful upgrade. Have run the beta for a while and love the new version. Bought the upgrade outright and had to pay 74 AUD for 2 licenses. Good price for the amount of work you have put into this version. Having to pay after 2 years is not the best but since it is such a small amount it is okay.
Good with a new nice modern website too, will bring more users of Dopus.
I hardly know what Windows' own explorer looks like these days :smiley:

2 Likes

Congratulations to the entire team for such careful work; In my opinion, the best file explorer in the world, both for the versatility and high personality of the program, as well as for its detailed manual, and excellent technical support in the forum, which is almost instantaneous!!! :grinning:

6 Likes

Congratulations! Please keep focusing on the creative and performance! Thanks for all the developers' effort for the awesome software! :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

And please also keep focusing on the problem of the folder refresh issue. :joy:

3 Likes

Now you can see, many new users came in after Dopus 13 was released. I believe many people are looking forward to this day just to buy a new license apart from existing users who want to upgrade to Dopus 13.

1 Like

License updated automatically, smooth as butter! Stellar work fellas, here's to a super successful 2024!

2 Likes

We did. :slight_smile:

The version you buy will continue to work even if you don’t upgrade in two years, so you don’t have to pay us ever again if you decide not to, but we hope you’ll want to in return for ongoing development.

So it’s similar to before, just smaller payments more often. Everyone will (eventually) be on a different upgrade cycle, in terms of dates, so there won’t be a focus on huge updates. Instead, we will put out new features as soon as they’re done, rather than hold them back to build up a big release.

6 Likes