Context menu shortcut-open in explorer?

This question may generate the answer "why would you want to do that" - but I want to know if I can have a button on my right-click context menu when I click a folder "open in Windows Explorer". The reason is that I have a really good renaming program (Better File Rename) that I've used in Explorer for years & I'm finding that I can't do without it. I know dopus' rename is great but I don't know how to use it & I don't know how to write regular expressions. It's something I want to learn, but in the meantime, I'm going crazy not having my renamer readily available. Thanks,

• Insha in Oklahoma

This is the command to do that:

Explorer /e, {filepath$}

I wonder why the rename tool you want to use doesn't work in Opus, though? If it's launched via the context menu then it should work in Opus the same as it works in Explorer.

How do I get it on the right-click context menu? I added it to the "Lister Context" menu under Customize. But when I right-click a file or files, it's not showing up.

Use Settings -> File Types and then add it to the context menu for All Files and Folders (or the ones for just files or just folders, if that's more appropriate).

I know this is an old post, but it seems this request has been permanently built-in to Dopus.

I would like to know how to remove it.... I don't ever need it...
it really doesn't deserve a permanent top spot in my Dopus context menus.

As well, I notice this Integration feature is grayed out for me [v10.5.2.0 (4913) x64]:
Add "Open in Directory Opus" item to folder context menus

So I'm stuck with TWO redundant features taking up the prime real estate on my context menus. :frowning:
I prefer to have just "Open in New Tab" at the top of my context menus.

I've been screwing around with ShellExView/ShellMenuView...
but they don't seem to reach deep enough on Windows 8

Any advice on how to remove these?
They don't show up in the "File Types" preferences.

Thx

The right-click option to open things in Explorer is part of Windows itself and not something which Opus adds to the menu.

(The reason some people want to add a context menu item for doing the same thing is that they have turned on Preferences / Miscellaneous / Windows Integration / Hide Windows items on file context menus (shift overrides) but want one or two of the options to come back. You could turn that on if you're aiming to minimise the number of items on the menu. Or they may have been using older versions of Windows where Explorer Replacement worked differently.)

The Add "Open in Directory Opus" item to folder context menus option is disabled (and effectively always turned on) if you have Explorer Replacement turned on as it is a required part of the Explorer Replacement mechanism. (Explained in the manual if you click the help button on the page where the option exists.)